Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2014, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday at Last

Morning Mates, it's seemed like a long week with major snowstorms every other day and so much time off. Last night we had a major WIND storm complete with freezing rain and ice pellets. I am so done with winter!
Today's plan is to re-paint the bathroom I painted last weekend. Biggest paint mistake ever. Walking in there is like being inside a bottle of Pepto Bismol. This morning will be primer, this afternoon, a new colour, and tomorrow, all the trim....I'll post a photo when it's done!

donna
Old February 22nd, 2014, 09:16 AM
Familiar Face

Good morning, all! It's a beautiful bright and sunny morning here in my little corner of eastern Ontario.

Donna, while you saw snow days, we had a rain day on Thursday! Actually, while we had very heavy rain, for the most part buses were cancelled because it was cold enough outside of the city for the roads to be extremely slippery.

I can relate to your "pink" experience, Donna. When we painted our ensuite bathroom, it turned out to be what we've called bubblegum pink. Sounds pretty similar to yours! (still is ... )

I'm wishing a great day to all my CM friends.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 09:50 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

We are having a few showers in this area today. Since we live near Daytona and the big race is tomorrow, we could use sunshine.

Have a nice weekend folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old February 22nd, 2014, 10:40 AM
Admiral

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Cruwysie, yes, bubblegum would describe it too, or Princess Barbie. Great colour for a little girl's room, not so great for a tiny ensuite bathroom that I have to look at from my bed!

donna
[/FONT
Old February 22nd, 2014, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Hope everyone has a good one!

TM.... How's your FIL doing?

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

ALLURE OF THE SEAS FEB 2016.... Who's going with??
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old February 22nd, 2014, 12:05 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone from sunny Minnesota. The Winter Wonderland of Hell.

I survived the Blizzard of the Year. We had 10.5" of snow followed by 30 MPH winds. It was Nasty. I spent most of Friday keeping the driveway clear only to awaken yesterday to a packed driveway with 4' drifts. Betty and I have developed a pretty good "snow blowing team". She gets the walk way and in front of the garage with the little snow blower and I do the rest of the 150'x30' driveway with the big one. I'm glad I bought the big snow blower at the start of this winter. The previous one would have never handled this. Plus it's like a big, motorized walker. I just hold on to the handles and I don't fall down like I did with the little one.

I am about wintered out. Even with three weeks away this has to be one of the hardest winters I remember. Or the fact that I'm getting older may have a bearing. The only things keeping me from moving are the grandkids. Grandma and Grandpa are still "fun" and they want to come over whenever they can. That will start to change as they get older and then I'm out of here. However, if someone wants a 4 bedroom, 3 bath house on 11.2 acres let me know. I'll give you a deal.

There is no snow forecast for the next week but we are back into Polar Vortex 4 so I guess I'll have to order more propane. It is extremely expensive but I've used my pre-paid allotment for the year and I'll have to bite the bullet and order some $3.25/gallon propane. Ouch! That's a cruise going in the propane tank. I can't believe we've used more propane this season than we did all last year. I guess Betty will have to suffer and no longer lounge in 72 degree comfort.

OK: I'm done babbling. Can you tell I'm over winter? I hope everyone has a great Saturday and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 22nd, 2014, 01:41 PM
Admiral

Good morning mates. I'm up and doing the laundry this morning. It's sunny with a projected high of 72. Although it's nice to be out of the deep freeze now, I'm going to hate the blistering heat this summer. I'm all for moving to a place with mild weather year round. Now to win the lottery. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 03:42 PM
Admiral

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post

OK: I'm done babbling. Can you tell I'm over winter?

Take care,
Mike
Come cruise with us Mike!
Me, Ray & Lisa so far!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

ALLURE OF THE SEAS FEB 2016.... Who's going with??
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014