Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Admiral

Default Cruisemates And Friendship

I truly appreciate the Cruisemates site with providing me with many friends. Several I have had the pleasure to cruise with and many that I have not, though it feels like I really know them really well. Through this site and also Facebook, it has been a wonderful experience to share each others lives and experiences. There are a great many of you that I have never met and probably never will, but each of us, in our own way, has endevored to supply a bit of sunshine to brighten our lives when we need it most.

There are a couple of you that I feel deserve special recognition. First, there is Todd who, even with sad circumstances and health situations, has always been there to supply all of us with the voice of reason and common sense. I guess he has been our guru. Then, of course, there is Ray who has to be the dean of Cruisemates. He has been everywhere and visited places that most of us can only fantasize about visiting, and he still keeps going on and on.

I could go continue naming a great many of my friends who have each affected us in special ways, but I feel that everyone here kinows and appreciates their important and unique contributions. I can only say, " You all make my day!"
Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Paul,
How true your words really are, I couldn't of said it better...I do hope however, that someday we can meet even more cruisemates on a nice cruise...I have had the opportunity to go on a few, and they are by far, the ones with the most memories. In the future I hope to do it again....wouldn't that be great.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 28th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Admiral

Paul
Thank you for your kind words and I agree with 100%.
I will have the pleasure of cruising with Ray this May and only wish all of the great people I've meet here old join in.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old February 28th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Admiral

Thanks for the kind words Paul, I have to agree 100%. In fact, you are one of those special cruise mates to me, having had the pleasure of cruising with you, playing trivia with you, and enjoying all you cruising poems. In fact, I have one of them laminated and hanging in my cruise room.
I have also had the pleasure of cruising with many other cruise mates, Ray being one of them he is my cruise hero! For those I have met, and those I have not, all, of you are the best, and I hope I get the pleasure of meeting and cruising with all of you one day!

Donna
Old February 28th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

It was indeed a good day when Cruisemates was born. Getting people together with a love for cruising, and, a place to talk non stop about what we love 24/7.

Some of my best cruise memories are with our CM group cruises such fun and laughter!....some of my friendships with some CM'ers go back to 1998....

Thanks for this post Paul!..and I say to you..oy...xo

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 1st, 2014, 12:47 AM
Admiral

Default Cruisemates and Friendship

I agree. But I guess we can't expect things to remain the same over the years. It seems like a lot has changed. It saddens me that people have moved on to Facebook and other sites, so Chit-Chat has dwindled. I thought it took all of us who communicated on Chit Chat and in person to make up this site, not just one or two.

Judy
Old March 1st, 2014, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default Thanks to Paul

I wish to thank Paul for the kind words. I have been on several CRUISEMATES group cruises and enjoyed them all.
I cherish the times that Helen was with me as she enjoyed them also.
I will be with again, on May 4th with CM friends who I have met and will meet new ones.

Carnival Breeze will be happy if more CMs come along. Its still time to book and I think they have vacinces with a good price. Come on Down.

RayB

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Old March 1st, 2014, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Paul......you are so right........it was fun cruising with ya........

Hope to again some day..........

Sharon
Old March 1st, 2014, 11:04 AM
Admiral

That was very well written Paul.

I have met Ray and he certainly is a Grand Gentleman.

And I have to say that we do have a nice bunch of people here on Cruisemates.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old March 1st, 2014, 11:47 AM
Admiral

One thing that I really miss is the actual live chat that we used to have every week. Trip was usually our monitor, and we had as many as 20 people on here at the same time chatting. I believe that @$#!% Facebook is one of the things that contributed to its demise. That being said, I'm happy that we still have this site, and I appreciate the members that still post daily greetings. When I read about their ice encrusted homesteads, I can appreciate the usually warm Texas sun. I wish that we could all cruise together sometime somewhere.
Old March 1st, 2014, 04:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I too remember those evenings chatting about our next cruise or the one we just got back from, those were the days for sure.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 1st, 2014, 09:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

When our chats first began,they were 2 hrs, and, we had a west and east coast chat......those were the days my friend.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 1st, 2014, 10:48 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Thanks, Paul for the wonderful words.

As for chat, it was so hard to do it when I work the PM shift......hard to pass meds and do treatments when chatting.......but I have the great memories of a couple CM cruises...especially the first Let's Get Lei'd cruise!

Looking forward to cruising again with Ray and meeting Aerogirl!
Old March 17th, 2014, 06:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

CruiseMates has been a wonderful place for me. I have met some wonderful people in here. I well remember the support I got when I was moving to Florida. I took my time and was on the road for 5 days. Making my journey a vacation too. I remember after checking into a hotel at night I would come here to let everyone know I was okay. I remember how excited I was to take Patty on the Glory cruise. I met so many wonderful Mates that week. I was honored to have got the chance to meet Ray and Helen. I thank God I had the chance to know that beautiful and special lady. I met many other CM people that week too. I was excited to be able to join Cruise Mates at dinners in Florida. It was one of the things I was most excited about as I sat in NH panning my move south. I just regret the fact that I have not met so many other Mates. I was in NH just hours from Trip and RD and Jen. I never got the chance to meet them.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old March 19th, 2014, 10:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Enjoyed reading these posts. Eventhough I don't consider myself a regular since I pop in for a while & may not be back for a few months. This site is the 1st I click onto from my favorites list when I want to do some cruise reading.

O F C'er
Old March 20th, 2014, 09:07 AM
First Mate

This line is still open for business. People from Cruisemates can still come back everyday to chat. Its a great way to communicate and keep up with this site.
Old March 23rd, 2014, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Paul, I don't know when we can cruise together again but I am trying to plan a trip back home to San Antonio. Maybe we can catch up then.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.