Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2014, 06:28 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday, I Think!

Morning Mates, on this chilly but sunny Wednesday.
Working only every other day is confusing; it's like having 3 Mondays every week, with tiny weekends in between! Got a lot done on my day off yesterday, finally finished my bathroom project, or should I say bathroom(s). Then I started on the laundry closet. Thank goodness it was only a closet, not a big room! I've got the painting bug all right....
Mike, hope you're feeling a little better today and that you're not snowed in again...

donna
Old March 19th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning from Lakeland Florida. A beautiful morning here with the sun shining bright and the temps heading to near 80. No plan for the day as yet but the pool looks good for later.
For now a load of laundry and other household chores. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old March 19th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday, I Think

Good morning. It's beautiful here, too.

Mike, I hope you're on the mend.

Have a god day, people.

Judy
Old March 19th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

My big plans for today, consist of going to see my Dentist.

Mike, I hope that you are feeling better.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old March 19th, 2014, 12:28 PM
First Mate

A gloomy but warmer day in NW Ohio. Into the mid 50's F but rain all around.

"Haimia, I always wanted to go to South America. The airport part sounds awful, but please to tell us your itinerary, cruise line, what you did, etc." quoted Judy

Judy, we went on Princess, the Golden Princess. We started in Santiago, Chile, went to Puerto Montt (did the German Museum), Punta Arenas (did Otway Sound for the penguins), sailed to Amalia Glacier, went to Ushuaia (did the End of the World Drive), sailed around the island of Horn and saw Cape Horn (a cloudy, dreary, misty day!). We then went to Falkland Islands (took taxi on our own to Gypsy Cove for more penguins), went to Puerto Madryn (did Punta Loma for sea lions and the dinosaur museum), went to Montivideo (did the hop-on-hop-off bus on our own) and ended in Buenos Aires (did the city tour on day 1 and did the debarkation tour to the estancia on day 2). We did our own laundry on the ship, sat out at the pool a couple of times (temperatures ranged from 80 - 90 degrees F at Santiago and Buenos Aires to about 40 degrees F around Cape Horn and Falkland Islands with lots of wind) and generally just chilled out and relaxed when we could.

My DH works a lot of overtime and really needed the break from his job. Now he is right back into the excessive overtime. Ugh!

I am having an MRI on Saturday. Pretty good chance I torn my meniscus in my left knee. I will know for sure next Tuesday and may need surgery. Oh joy! I did this by playing hide-and-seek with my dog; I was walking quickly on Sunday morning. Went out of bedroom into the hall and heard a "pop" and nearly fell on my face! Gotta love it!

Not much else going on here today. DH just got home from working over and is to go in early this evening. Gotta love it! NOT!

Hoping for a great day for all!

Old March 19th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Admiral

Haimia, OUCH!

Donna