CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Storm Day..a.k.a. Wednesday (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/401616-storm-day-k-wednesday.html)

rollerdonna March 26th, 2014 07:43 AM

Storm Day..a.k.a. Wednesday

Morning Mates, we are following this winter's tradition and having another storm day Wednesday.
This one promises to be a big one with possibly up to 40cms of snow, blowing snow, ice pellets, and power outages. We are preparing for the worst...

No work today because pretty much everything is closed, so I will keep busy painting the cruise room. I am half finished. It is a very bright sunshine yellow to make me forget we are having yet another spring snowstorm!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...82514090_n.jpg

donna

Manuel March 26th, 2014 07:58 AM

Good morning Mates

Today is going to be a cool day for us. The temp will barely hit 60 deg.

Donna, stay warm and safe. It's the getting close to the end of march so spring should be just around the corner.

Have a nice day folks.

TM

Mike M March 26th, 2014 09:19 AM

Good morning everyone:

It's a drab, cold day here in Minnesota. We are also expecting another Winter Storm tomorrow. Hasn't anyone told Mother Nature it's Spring. :)

The current forecast says the worst will be just southwest of me so, hopefully, I'll just end up with some rain, freezing rain, and light snow. We'll see if the snow blower comes out or not.

Not much on the agenda for today. A trip to Costco to pick up some meds and that's about it. I sure can tell I'm losing weight. The pants are pretty baggy on me. I'll have to dig out the "skinny clothes" from the spare bedroom. Betty said I look like "Sad Sack" in the pants I had on yesterday. :)

Donna: The "Cruise Room" paint looks stimulating. I think you could get a sun tan off the reflection. ;)

I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys the rest of the week.

Take care,
Mike

Trip March 26th, 2014 09:48 AM

Hi Kids,
Not a snowflake here for us, just the Cape & the Islands, but we have high winds, which scare me, with our pine trees. In the next few days the temps climb so....:)

I've been listening to a book, on my Kindle which I enjoy while doing some beading...for those of you with kindles, you might want to give it a try..multi tasking is good thing;)

Ok, I am off for a cuppa..make it a good one!

Aerogirl March 26th, 2014 09:51 AM

Good Morning

Sitting here with my morning coffee watching my cat at the window wishing and thinking " if only I could get to one of those birds", he will sit there the whole day watching them.

Well my niece leaves for her first cruise Friday , ship leaves Saturday and I'm so excited for all of them. She must call me 10 times a day with questions...I've schooled her as much as I could.
I also explained to her that her cruise experience will be very different from mine as I travel with friends and she going with her hubby and kids, never the less I feel I've been able to lead her in the right direction.

Need to take the boy for some new shoes today, i don't know why he won't just go by himself to get them after all he's 18 and knows how to drive. I'm noticing he doesn't like driving and I'm not sure he wants to grow up....seems to be perfectly content with mom taking care of him.....I'm not complaining ....he's my tiny:D

Wishing all my mates a great day!

LS80 March 26th, 2014 11:18 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........

Warming & very windy..........

Y'all have a good day..........

Sharon

CruisinK n J March 26th, 2014 11:59 AM

Storm Day a.k.a Wednesday

Good morning. No storm here but we did have about four drops of rain. The patio is already dried out but the wood deck is still wet.

We need to go to Costco, too.

Have a good day.

Judy

canuckity March 26th, 2014 03:35 PM

Hang in there Donna! Starting Friday we see spring and from then on we will have days well above freezing. Your area is a day or 2 behind us so hang in......it's finally coming.

Keith.