CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   It's Friday! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/401855-its-friday.html)

rollerdonna April 11th, 2014 06:22 AM

It's Friday!

Morning Mates, I'm happy to say it's Friday and I've made it through an entire work week without a Snow Day! Weather is still quite cold, but I'll take the sun, it is melting the snow...
Last night I went to a writing workshop which was really fun and inspiring. I have been working on a childrens' book and the author has given me enough confidence that I can maybe have it published. Maybe I'll have a new career....

donna

Aerogirl April 11th, 2014 09:49 AM

Good Morning

Just had my morning coffee sitting out on my backyard deck ....boy how I've missed that......hello warm sunshine! The only thing that would of made it better would be having all my flowers and plants to look at but that day will be here sooner then later.

Donna......glad to here the snow is starting to go away.

Happy Friday mates!

Haimia April 11th, 2014 10:36 AM

Warming to upper 60's today and eventually to be sunny. Not much happening. Just waiting for surgery in a little over four days. Not looking forward to that!! Oh well, just so I am ready for our next adventure to Alaska.

RD, glad to see you have melting temperatures finally! It will get warmer as the spring progresses! We have a chance of flurries next Monday night when the temperatures are to dip into the 20-30 degree range (F). Not happy about that!

Aerogirl, how was the coffee. I wish we had a back deck to sit on!! I sit outside on the driveway often with a dog or two in the evenings. I did sit out last night for a bit, but then the clouds moved in and it got too cool outside. It won't be long before you have all the flowers and plants done!

Have a good day and a great weekend all!

Mike M April 11th, 2014 10:50 AM

Good morning everyone.

Like Donna, the melting is almost done here and perhaps, perhaps, Spring is really here. The last bit of my five foot plus drift, on the side of my driveway melted yesterday and the only snow left in the yard is a small patch on the northwest side of a pine tree. That should be gone today.

Now I just have to wait a few days for the lawn to dry out and then I can clean up the little vole mounds of grass and some other stuff. I get butchered a week from Monday so I won't be able to do any yard work for a month after that so I better get done what I can now.

Yesterday was a sad day. We went to a friend's funeral. She was three years younger than me but has been fighting Parkinson's for ten years. She lost all muscle control, including speech, about two years ago. Her husband has earned the "Free Pass" to heaven for his devotion and care of her. He cared for her six days a week and always kept her looking great. It was a day of mixed emotions.

Today is a "legal" day. I meet with my nephew, the lawyer, to update our trusts and other stuff.

Well, before that I still have a house to spruce up, so I better get to it.

Take care and have a wonderful weekend.
Mike

CruisinK n J April 11th, 2014 01:52 PM

It's Friday

A late good morning to you all. Getting ready to go see the tax lady. Hope she has good news!

Have a good day.

Judy

Manuel April 11th, 2014 05:48 PM

Hi Mates

It's late afternoon now so I hope that you all had a nice day.

TM