Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2014, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Default 1st Sunday in May

Good morning Cruisemates! Sadly, DW (Sandra) lost a family member Friday. Her niece, Brandi, lost her life at the age of 41. It hits home for Sandra as Sandra raised her under her roof for a few years and so, Brandi is as one of Sandra's own children.

As for the Houston weather, it is 62F, quite pleasant this am. No clouds nor rain expected until next weekend.

I am thrilled that Galveston will be receiving a third Carnival ship next year! The Freedom is coming!!! That will give us a Carnival fleet of the Triumph, Freedom, and the Magic! Sandra and I cruised on the Freedom during her inaugural cruise.

Have a wonderful day!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Sunny Florida

I wish you all a wonderful Sunday.

Michael, I send you my condolence and my thoughts and prayers as well. You and Sandra have had a lot of sadness in your lives.

Today will be a simple day for us. We will go to Church then out to lunch.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old May 4th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

Michael I am sorry to hear of Sandra and your loss. That's just too young to go.

Yesterday was a fun one. Betty and I decided that with our current issues. My surgery and Betty's disc problems, we wouldn't be going to Europe this year. So I jumped on a getaway cruise, at the end of this month, on Carnival Liberty. It's a Western Caribbean with stops in Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Costa Maya. We've been to all of the ports, a number of times, but a nice relaxing cruise will be a good 30th Anniversary present. We'll be celebrating our 30th anniversary, my birthday, and Betty's birthday during the cruise. We did that one time before and I think the staff thought we were trying to scam them with two birthdays and an anniversary, all on the same cruise.

It's been thirteen months since we last cruised so it's time to get back on a ship. After 40 some cruises I have it down to a science. I booked the cruise, booked airfare, did all of the pre and post cruise planning, booked a beach day in Cozumel, arranged a private tour in Belize, completed online registration and did car and hotel reservations, all within a three hour time frame. I now know my credit card number by heart.

My granddaughter had a long day yesterday, so she didn't arrive until early evening. Because of her late arrival, today will be her and grandma's shopping day. My grandson and I will stay home and hold down the fort. I don't think I'm yet well enough to handle walking around the Sprawl Of America for four or five hours.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday and I also wish everyone a great, upcoming week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 4th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,

A warmish day here, sun going in and out.....Michael,so sorry for your family's loss...so young

I hurt my knee somehow, and, after 2 days of icing it, I am able to put my full weight and walk on it...oy!

Since I have nowhere to go, I will do a little bit of this and that today, you enjoy your Sunday!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 4th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Admiral

Default lst sunday in May

A late good morning. We do plan a nice Sunday, heading to lunch in Pasadena, if the car will let us, that is. It doesn't always want to start, so off the mechanic we go tomorrow.

Judy
Old May 4th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Admiral

I'm very late on here today, just wanted to send my condolences to Michael and Sandra, and my congrats to Mike and Betty.

donna