Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2014, 06:55 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday!

Morning Mates, it's Friday and I am off to work in a few minutes. It is still cold, but warming up later, I will look forward to taking the kids out to play today!
For those of you who have asked how the pets are getting along, here's a pic for you...all 3 of them sitting nicely waiting for a treat!

donna
Old May 9th, 2014, 06:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

I heard on the news today that Prince Phillip will be in Southampton England to celebrate the 10th anniversary of QM2. All three ships will be there today. QM2, QV, QE

[url=http://www.cruisingtalk.com]
Next Up NCL Jade
Old May 9th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Connecticut

The weather has not been the best but it's improving.

We are staying with cousins who have a Portuguese Water Dog. She is so friendly and well behaved that it's just a pleasure to be around her.

Have a nice day folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old May 9th, 2014, 10:56 AM
First Mate

A cloudy, gloomy day in NW Ohio. 75 at the moment and to get rain soon. The weekend looms but not a lot planned. DD#2 and her husband to take us out to eat on Saturday for Mother's Day. DD#1 already dropped off a hanging flowering basket for me. Her husband's birthday is on Sunday, so she will be busy with that. Not much else to report.

RD, those three pets are so precious in that picture!

Hi, to TimmyK.

Manuel, enjoy your stay in Connecticut.

Have a good weekend to all!
Old May 9th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning boys and girls, Cruisers and Cruisettes, Ladies and Gentlemen and all the ships at sea.

Donna: The pack sure is cute. I love the "treat" look. Gem is definitely catching Griffin in the size department.

It's a cloudy and cool day here. We had some mediocre thunderstorms yesterday and about a 1/2 inch of rain. Mediocre is good for thunderstorms. A nice light show, some thunder and not too much rain.

Today is "Financial Friday". I need to set up some new accounts for the grandkids. I am disappointed with the return they are getting on their current ones that their parents set up and if I'm the one making the contributions then I want a better ROI. So, I'm transferring the accounts to my broker and see how well they do with her.

Tomorrow, the family goes out for Mother's Day. It will be nice to invade a restaurant and not worry about cooking and washing dishes. We are celebrating tomorrow so my daughter can spend time with the kids on Sunday.

I do hope all the Mother's out there have a great Mother's Day weekend and to everyone, I wish you the same.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 9th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Good morning, CruiseMates!

I haven't posted for a while, but I still believe, that the people who post on here are the nicest group anywhere!

First of all, should I not get back here, happy Mother's Day to each of you. May your day be spent doing whatever makes you happiest!

Donna, your puppies and kitty are sure cute. Mike, I feel the same way about the granddaughter's fund. Her college fund is in our control.

Manuel, you have a PM! Hoping we can meet up on a ship!

Summertime is quickly approaching, here on the Gulf Coast, so we will be leaving for the mountains within a week or two. We will return sometime in October. Ask me how much I enjoy retirement!

Everyone have a great weekend!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old May 9th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Admiral

Default It's Friday

Good morning. Donna, that pic is so cute!

We will spend Mother's Day at home. Restaurants are too crowded. The folllowing week is Keith's birthday. He will spend Saturday with his son at Flabob's Fly-In, then Sunday after a play, we will have dinner with him and his wife.

Not a lot going on here, so I'll just wish everyone a nice day.

Judy