Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Default Happy Sunday morning

Good morning Mates

A sunny morning is here in my neck of the woods but thunder showers are predicted for the late afternoon.

Today we are going to get together with some friends in St. Augustine.

I wish you all a wonderful Sunday.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

Yesterday evening we arrived home from a week on the Carnival Liberty. We had a very good time. It was nice to see Ray again and to meet his grandson Robert (little Robert).

We spent our anniversary at Nachi Cocum and even though it rained most of the time we still had a lot of fun. Maybe too much.

We missed Roatan because of high winds and seas. No biggie for us. We stayed on the ship in Belize and just did a quick jaunt into Majuahal at Costa Maya.

There were a couple of nights of poor service in the Anytime Dining Room. You can sure see that the staff has more people to wait on then they had before. I'm not too excited about the "American" menu but most things were good and someone who isn't familiar with the old way wouldn't know the difference. I have to say the filet mignon and short rib that was served on the second formal night was delicious. Carnival also did a GREAT job dealing with my Gluten Free diet.

The Internet service was horrible and after four days I finally gave up and actually got a refund.

The other negative was the bed. We have always had wonderful beds on Carnival but this one must have been slept on by people my size for the last 40 cruises. The second night we asked for an "egg crate" pad but none were available.

The steakhouse was, as always, great. The only negative, and it really wasn't, was an over chatty waitress. She was sweet but I finally had to ask her to stop so we could eat our dinner.

I'll give the whole thing a B+, compared to our other Carnival cruises, and for the money it was sure a good deal.

Now, I must bale my lawn and trim it, after the morning dew and fog lifts. I can't believe how much it grew in eight days. It actually has seed tops on it. I may just let it go to seed and let it thicken up the lawn. Yes, that's a great excuse. Isn't it?

I hope everyone is doing well and I wish everyone a great Sunday and a wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 8th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

Sunny and a little cooler here today.....I love when we have a real spring.

Mike.....we loved cruising with Ray and his G/S Robert as well as Lisa on Breeze.
Did you hang at the Alchemy bar at all? We really liked Liberty although I think Breeze has taken over first place as far as ships go but my Liberty cruise was the best cruise to date , just the right mix of passengers.

I need to start getting ready for the big graduation party for D/S .

Wishing all my mates a happy and blessed Sunday .

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 8th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
Good Morning

Mike.....we loved cruising with Ray and his G/S Robert as well as Lisa on Breeze.
Did you hang at the Alchemy bar at all? We really liked Liberty although I think Breeze has taken over first place as far as ships go but my Liberty cruise was the best cruise to date , just the right mix of passengers.
Robin,

We had a few drinks at the Alchemy Bar. I like it but there is a bit too much of "the good stuff" in the drinks for me. We had a few there on the first night and it was a little hard to wake up on the first morning.

I agree with you on Breeze. It is my favorite Carnival ship. I like the decor, the "outside" cafe areas and the alternative venues.

I still liked Liberty and this was my third sailing in two years on her.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me