Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Default It's Satuday and Here Comes Arthur!

Morning Mates, Arthur has made it to Nova Scotia and it looks like not such a nice day. Wind gusts are scary, rain not so much yet, but it's coming!
We cancelled our plans to drive the 2 hours to Halifax today to visit with hubby's brother on his cruise ship. They are safely docked in port and are staying there till the storm passes.

Last night we attended a 4th of July pot luck dinner and fireworks put on by some American friends of ours. The food was great, so were the fireworks, but good lord it was hot in the house with 30 some odd people and no air conditioning! We couldn't sit outside due to the mosquitoes!
Here is the cake I made and brought to the pot luck.

donna
Old July 5th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A bright warm and breezy day here. Arthur is gone, along with the humidity, at least for now. We just had rain, no biggie here.

Donna, I am surprised they are keeping the cruise ship docked in Halifax. We watched the Norwegian Dawn sail away on tv, getting the heck out of the port of Boston.

Errands are on the agenda today, and, maybe an early birthday dinner, with a free dinner at a local restaurant. I have the urge for a steak!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 5th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Admiral

Default It's Saturday and Here Comes Arthur

A late good morning to you. I had a bad night with breathing difficulties. I gave up and got up early. After Keith left for Riverside, I went back to bed.

Donna, a cute cake. Stay safe today.

It stays hot here with temps 95-100. Best just to stay in the a/c. Keith took my car with the good a/c, but I have house work to keep me busy.

Judy