Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2014, 06:27 AM
Admiral

Default Summer Saturday

Morning mates, I can finally say it is summer around here, we've had a heat wave since Canada Day July 1st. This weekend is the annual Pictou Lobster Carnival, which means 10,000 people descend on a little town that barely sees 100 people on an average day. Can you say traffic nightmare?
Last night we went to see a nighttime air show before the fireworks. I did not know that an airplane could shoot streams of fire and fireworks! It was a 1942 plane used to train pilots and the tricks and loops and dives made me nauseous just watching! Quite the show.
Here's a photo (I did not take it!)

Today will be a visit to the Carnival, the parade, and bands tonight. Lots to do!

donna

Last edited by rollerdonna; July 12th, 2014 at 07:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning, after a semi-sleepless night. I don't know what I ate but something didn't agree with me and my body awoke me at 4:00 a.m.

The timing isn't too good since we have the grandkids this weekend. We plan on meeting up with my daughter and SIL and seeing the "Monkey Movie", aka, Planet of the Apes. I was just a little older than my granddaughter when the original Planet of the Apes movies came out. I think CGI has made them a bit better than Roddy McDowell in a rubber mask. Although, I still quote Charlton Heston when Betty gets frisky: "Get your hands off me you stinking ape." After that I am whipped and placed back in my cage for at least a week.

Otherwise, there isn't too much else on the agenda. I'm preparing for the Summer "Polar Vortex". Yes, the idiots are calling it that because we may only reach a high of 67 on Monday. I think things are getting a bit out of hand.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday and a wonderful, upcoming week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 12th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Default Summer Saturday

Good morning. I, too, spent a mostly sleepless night with breathing problems. I am up unusually early. Last Saturday, I went to Urgent Care, had an AKG, a breathing treatment, and an inhaler that made my life absolute hell. Gave that one up. Now I sure wish I could have another breathing treatment!

Keith is getting ready to go to Riverside where it will be upwards of 100. I can hear that the coffee is almost ready. I might try to get some more sleep later.

Donna, have a good time today.

Judy
Old July 12th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

A rainy Saturday for us today and not much going on. We did go to a summer fest last night and listened to some good music.

Donna ....nice picture.

Have a good one folks.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old July 12th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

We are having a mostly cloudy day with the promise of some rain. I hope that we do get plenty of rain because we do need it.
This weekend we are not doing too much because I plan to watch the last two World Cup games.

I do wish you all a great weekend.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old July 12th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Admiral

Late check in , a long day at the beach I am happy to report I booked our cruise to Alaska the Denali Explorer for mid June. I need to figure out how to do a count down clock! RD thanks for the awesome picture!