Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 24th, 2014, 06:22 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Heat Break

Morning Mates, I think we are going to get a break from the heat wave today, it is cloudy and cooler so far, but yesterday we hit 41C, which I think is close to 100F!
Fortunately, we were not in town, but 2 1/2 hours away at the famous Peggy's Cove, where it was breezy and comfortable by the ocean. If you have never seen Peggy's Cove, put it on your bucket list, it is AWESOME! Many cruises go to Halifax NS and it is a short bus ride shore excursion to get there, it is well worth it, a photographer's dream.

What I didn't realize was that there is a very picturesque, working fishing village there too, as well as a very desolate memorial to the Swiss Air tragedy of 1998. I so love discovering new places in my new home province!

donna
Old July 24th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Donna: Beautiful pictures. Looks like a lovely place to visit.

Today is "Doctor Day". I am still ill and my fever was over 101 last night. This morning it was just 99.2 but my whole body aches and I feel like Betty slipped me a mickey. I knew I was really sick when Betty came home with Buffalo Wild Wings and I could only eat five, and the last two I had to force down. I can normally eat 10+. I'm just waiting ten more minutes to call and see if I can get in to the doctor's office today.

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer weather (It's gorgeous here but we need a bit of rain). Enjoy the weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 24th, 2014, 10:43 AM
First Mate

Sunny and mid 70's for NW Ohio today. Gotta love it!

Finally able to tell (we have known since Father's Day, but we were sworn to secrecy until they told ALL the family!). Our DD#2 is to have our first grandchild in January. They are currently building a house, so this definitely gives them a bit of incentive to get it done soon! They are doing a lot of the building themselves. Will be under roof soon (tar paper). So, lots of excitement coming!

Donna, those are BEAUTIFUL pictures! The weather looks great and the little village is so pretty! I guess we need to visit!

Mike, I hope you get into the doctor and get help today. Sure hope it is nothing serious!! Take care and get well soon! Good luck to Betty for taking care of you!!

Not much happening around here. Started working on cleaning out the basement (it is a true hoarders mess). Dogs are doing good - older dog doing well on one drop in glaucoma eye twice a day and the younger dog is her usual bratty self! DH is working as much as usual. Life goes on, but soon a little one will make it more fun!
Old July 24th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Heat Break

Good morning. No heat break here! Triples digits go on and on . . .

Donna, I've been to Peggy's Cove and Keith took pictures just like the one you've shown everyone. A very picturesque place.

Gotta run. i have a doctor's appt. this morning.

Judy
Old July 24th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Yep no break from the heat here in So. Cal. We are in the 100+ range and we haven't even hit the "dog days" yet. Well still have some runs to make. Everyone enjoy your day.
Old July 24th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Admiral

Mike, sorry to hear you are still feeling awful. I also wanted to send good wishes to Betty for her surgery in August. There's nothing worse than back pain...

donna
Old July 24th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good afternoon! Donna, those pictures are beautiful. thanks for sharing. Nova Scotia is a beautiful place. Some of the scenery is like Maine. The seaside fishing villages.
Haima, Congratulations! Such wonderful news.
Mike so sorry you are sick. See a doctor as soon as possible.
Have a wonderful day!

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain