Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old December 8th, 2016, 06:32 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday morning

Good morning Mates

I was not sleepy so I'm up and wishing you all a good morning.

RD, don't forget to pack for your cruise. You have been very busy but you must get ready for your travels.

I hope that you all have an enjoyable day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011+4/4/2016
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015
Freedom OTS 3/6/16
Old December 8th, 2016, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates, and Manuel thanks for waking us up this morning!
I HAVE to find some time to pack today, after I go to Aquafitness maybe.

At this point we are beginning to freak out that we may not even get out of here on our appointed travel day. The weather reports says we are expecting a Nor'easter with 10-15cms of snow and high winds on the day we travel to Halifax (a treacherous 2 hour drive) and into the day we are supposed to fly out early a.m.) Not looking very promising at this point, I will keep you posted.

donna
Old December 8th, 2016, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Donna....if my memory serves me correctly bad weather has many times affected your travel so I am wishing you and James the best of luck for this trip. Hopefully you can make it to Halifax and that the nor-easter is less than expected.

Our warmer weather is going to come crashing to an end later today and over the weekend we will have well below normal temperatures and some snow. Joe Biden flies in to Ottawa late this afternoon and he will need to bring a warm coat. He will be meeting with our Prime Minister and Provincial Premiers and if he is lucky he will be able to get a "selfie" with Justin......that's Trudeau, not Bieber. Have a good day everyone!

"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list." ~ Susan Sontag
Old December 8th, 2016, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning

Good morning. A beautiful sunny morning in SoCal, but it's been chilly all week.

Donna, can you and James leave a day early and stay in a hotel in Halifax one night?

Gotta do a manicure today a figure out something to wear on Saturday. Keith's Riverside people are having a Christmas luncheon in Riverside.

Have a good day.

Judy
Old December 8th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning Cruisemates,

It's now been a month since we arrived in our snowbird home in AZ, and we've settled in nicely. Mrs Kuki's been doing her art classes again, and doing hiking and coffee days with "the ladies". I've been golfing and eating

The past week temps have been "cool" with temps in the 60s. But got a text from Kuki Jr with his car thermometer showing - 24 C, so we're obviously better off here

Forecast here for the next week or so is mid 70s, so even better.

The "new to us" cars we had to buy in our first week down are making us both happy... because they seem to running well (touch wood). My 2007 Volkswagen Eos is such a spiffy little car, that for some reason draws a lot of attention.

After golf yesterday I drove up to pick up my clubs, and suddenly four people were gathered around looking at it. You'd think I was driving a Ferrari

We've been using our smoker and loving it. Have to ask myself why we don't have one at home too.

All that's scheduled today is a hair cut for me, then dinner out with friends tonight.

Hope everyone is well, and those cruising enjoy. It really feels like we're on a 6 month cruise 😎
Old December 8th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good afternoon everyone.

We are five days into our Winter stay in Nuevo Vallarta. Today, we will walk over to the Clubhouse and get our three month membership. We did this on Tuesday but our agent had not forwarded them our contract so a membership would have been $500 per person.

She has sent them the contract and now it's only $62 for both of us. I like that. It allows us to use all of the spa facilities, tennis courts, racquetball, restaurant, shuttle bus, beach access with palapa and free drinks, and a golf discount. The golf discount is a real deal. Instead of the normal $160 per round with cart it is only $80. I'm glad, that unlike the Mooseman, I don't play golf. I prefer to watch and listen to the people play and swear while hitting on the fourth fairway.

Donna: Go to Halifax a day earlier. It's better to pay an extra $100 than have to drive through bad weather. Scrap Aquafitness, pack and head out.

I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 8th, 2016, 06:58 PM
Admiral

Exclamation

Donna, I too urge you to leave early and avoid driving in the bad weather.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011+4/4/2016
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015