Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 11th, 2017, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday, Playing Hooky

Morning Mates, it is Saturday and I just did not feel like making an effort to go to the gym today so I am playing hooky. I will make up for loss of exercise by cleaning the house today instead of tomorrow...

The weather today is awful. We are back in the deep freeze again, with wickedly cold winds, and more snow overnight. They're telling us a big nor'easter is coming on Wednesday. It ain't over till it's over!

Judy, in answer to your question yesterday, I don't know what it means that I "upgraded my file". But if it says you have 21 friend requests, it means you need to click on the little people icon at the top of your facebook page (right hand side) and answer the friend requests with "accept" or "ignore". Most likely, they are from CruiseMates, just click on their names and you can tell.

Interesting discussion yesterday about MOHS surgery. I recently had a skin cancer surgery, but they did not scrape layers off, they just went in and cut the whole thing out, then sent it to the pathologist. Stitches came out a week later, all healed up and all is well.

donna
Old March 11th, 2017, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning. Well I have changed the bandage twice and the one on now is the best I have done so far. Donna MOHS is mainly done on the face/head. I have had two other skin caner surgeries done and for both of them they cut out the cancer and sent it off to the pathologist. for one they did not get everything so had to cut more, they were both on my arms.

Today our daughter and youngest grandson are coming over. She is going to pick up camping gear for a trip next month.

All have a great day.

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor 2012, MSC Poesia 2012, MSC Poesia 2013, Carnival Legend 2013, MSC DIVINA 2014, MSC Divina 2014, Carnival Liberty 2015, MSC Divina 2015, Carnival Ecstasy 2015, NCL Star 2016, Carnival Glory 2016, MSC Divina 2017
Old March 11th, 2017, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning. A hot day today, about 90. Keith is getting ready to go to Riverside. I still have a gimpy knee, so will do very little. I have mixed feelings about my routine dr.'s appt. on Monday. I'd like a resolution to the knee problem, but I don't want it to be surgery!

My DH has had many skin surgeries. His skin is very sensitive to the sun, and he hasn't always been careful about covering up. He has three more to have done, but I think they will all be done in the dr.'s office, I hope.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old March 11th, 2017, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

HowD CMs,

See the site is still live🤡

Today is a gorgeous day in Scottsdale!!! High is gonna be around 90, and right now I'm enjoying my morning coffee on the patio in shirt sleeves.

Heading to a spring training baseball game for a couple of hours this afternoon, and this evening we're having 16 people over for a bar-b-q - smoking an 8 lb US Choice tenderloin, and grilling Salmon on a plank. I'm thinking tons of leftovers.

With such a nice day in store, it's going to be perfect for socializing on the patio, and doing s'mores in the chimeneea later in the evening.

Only 4 more weeks of snowbirding left, so our time in the US is slowly winding down,
Old March 11th, 2017, 12:24 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinK n J View Post
Good morning. A hot day today, about 90. Keith is getting ready to go to Riverside. I still have a gimpy knee, so will do very little. I have mixed feelings about my routine dr.'s appt. on Monday. I'd like a resolution to the knee problem, but I don't want it to be surgery!

My DH has had many skin surgeries. His skin is very sensitive to the sun, and he hasn't always been careful about covering up. He has three more to have done, but I think they will all be done in the dr.'s office, I hope.

Have a good day!

Judy

Judy, all of mine have been done in the doctor's office. I think that almost all skin cancer surgeries are done in the doctor's offices

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor 2012, MSC Poesia 2012, MSC Poesia 2013, Carnival Legend 2013, MSC DIVINA 2014, MSC Divina 2014, Carnival Liberty 2015, MSC Divina 2015, Carnival Ecstasy 2015, NCL Star 2016, Carnival Glory 2016, MSC Divina 2017
Old March 11th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Admiral

Hi, Nancy. No, actually, skin cancers are not all done in a doctor's office. Keith has had to go to a surgery center for two or three, and maybe again for the one on his shin.

Judy
Old March 11th, 2017, 07:32 PM
Admiral

I have had all my MOH's surgeries in a surgical suite .
Old March 11th, 2017, 07:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default cancer

I had one on my ear. they cut it out and grafted some skin and its all healed and looks good I think.

. 7 days-Cruising on Carnival Magic Dec 3,2016--7 days from Port Caniveral--Cruising on Carnival Vista, 8 days, Jan 27, 2018 From Miami, FL.Cruising on Carnival Valor 5 days from Port Canaveral Feb 22,2018