Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 15th, 2017, 05:19 PM
Admiral

Default I've been there....but I'm not going back.

We have all travelled many places and there are places we have or will return to. There are also places that you have been but will never return to, even if you have been every where you wish to go. For us the place we are never going back to is Hanoi Vietnam.

"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list." ~ Susan Sontag

Emerald Princess, January 17, 2018; Santiago to Buenos Aires
Celebrity Infinity, February 4, 2018; Buenos Aires - Rio - Buenos Aires
Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2017, 08:46 PM
Admiral

We have vacationed in Canada 17 times .We have been to every place that we ever desired to visit there except Calgary and hope to get there one day .

As far as a place we have no desire to return to I cannot think of any .we have enjoyed all of our vacations.
Old May 17th, 2017, 12:37 AM
Familiar Face

We have been to Montego Bay, Jamaica and Nassau, Bahamas. If we had our choice, we wouldn't go back to either one. We would stay on the ship. Our first time to Falmouth, Jamaica we said the same thing but they were just building it so we might give them another try. Don't get me wrong, those islands are beautiful but we had bad experiences with some of the local vendors that made our trips not so great on those islands.

However, I am a "never say never" kind of person, so maybe one day we'll be back.

mrsrocster
Old May 17th, 2017, 05:57 PM
Banned
Familiar Face

Mrsrocster; we had bad experiences with some of the local vendors that made our trips not so great on those islands.

I too find their approach to cruise line customers can be questionable.
Having a "Banter" with the vendors is expected and not paying first price asked is mandatory I believe.

My Nanny and I have had several comments made to both of us regarding our attire and dress sense as the vendors mentioned how well dressed we were in comparison to others.
...."Have they never seen real women before,"? I have asked them , as I have a great sense of humor.
But I know from their eyes that they were flirting and Nanny and I laughed it off. Ha ha.
Maybe Mrs Rocster, you might not understand, but its all a game to them.
Flirting never hurt anyone in the end.
On the issue of attire in public places, the amount of times I have seen women get off the ship and walk around in rather tacky sports pants, ( the really cheap ones ) and they also wear flip flops.
Image that.
Wearing flip flops in a public place. Have they no shame I ask.
Reminds me of those cast members of the white trailer trash shows on TV.
Who coordinates the clothes these people wear ?
four or five of these "Types" share a small inside cabin together. Horrid thought it is.
You can tell by their rather brash behavior and their lack of manners.
I have felt sorrow for them. On occasion I have engaged in conversation and truthfully, its to make my conscience feel better..
They had no appreciation that I made time to talk to them. I cannot make out what makes them "Tick".

Last edited by WhitePanty; May 17th, 2017 at 06:21 PM.