Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2017, 05:04 AM
Banned
Familiar Face

Default Happy Wednesday

Oh what a delightful Wednesday it is.
Yesterday, I was sad.
Yesterday I was alone.
Yesterday i had to cook supper and prep the kids for school.
Yesterday My nanny left my home, and her beautiful lesbian lover to go straight with the local farmers son.

To make many bunny rabbits, apparently. How silly they are.

But I have great news to mention.
The great news is that Nanny Girlfriend, is now my new Nanny.
She started last night, and her first task was to make a delicious hot chocolate.
Yummy

Then she put the kiddies to sleep, read me a nice bedtime story and then said night night.

I am so happy. Thanks to the many messages I got here on this forum. You guys are great
and to the many that suggested this great idea. WoW and Thank You

Toodles
Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2017, 07:28 AM
Admiral

Happy Wednesday and Welcome Summer! Summer is officially here and I couldn't be happier about that.
Also arriving today is James' daughter who is visiting from London. She plans to take him out today so I can host a Writers' Meeting at the house.
Other than that, I have no idea what the day will bring.
Hope everyone is feeling well...

donna
Old June 21st, 2017, 09:31 AM
Captain

Hi all,

Well, I got extremely blessed this week. Monday, my surgery got canceled at the surgery center (did not want to do it-) because of my medical history. I needed this surgery done by the end of June because of my DH retirement and insurance changes a lot (would cost over $1500 + more out of pocket). I begged but no luck (no dates in June available at other place). I then left a message to have the surgeon call me himself. He called the other place he does surgeries and magically found me a spot for the 28th on an already full schedule! This is actually better for us for a couple of reasons
1. My DH will finish actually working on the 27th - he can be with me more in the couple of days right after surgery instead of leaving me to work two days later in the week when my surgery was on the 26th.
2. I read the reviews for the prior surgery center - does not sound like a really great place to have surgery and the aftercare is pretty much nonexistent (even though I am only there for a few hours after surgery and then discharged to go home).
All in all, it looks to be a better situation. I guess it really is true that you have to advocate for yourself. I didn't get mad or angry; but, I did let the doctor's secretary know I was NOT happy about the situation. And, the call requesting the surgeon to call me directly really did the trick!!

Not much else happening in my world. I spent some times yesterday at the dentist to FINALLY get my crown. I went to another town to shop some (I was sad because, at that point, surgery was not happening). Today, we need to pick up the littles at the sitter's and take them home. Need to talk to DD#2 about what I might need to help me around the house after surgery (she is a PT!). DH has only 6 more days of "actual" work left. Hope I can stand to live with him during retirement!! Just joking! Will be nice to have him around!! I have been a work widow since we were married!!

Hoping all ill are improving and hope all CM's have a good day. Enjoy the rest of your week. I will - I am watching DGS#1 on Thursday and Friday!!
Old June 21st, 2017, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Haimia, glad you will be getting the surgery and I would say the timing is good. No real plans for me today. Last evening when Bruce got home for dinner he said he had the white truck, his work truck, glad that dinner was ready as shortly after eating he was gone, tonight they also work but can't start until ten so he will be home for a while but will dinner all but done anyway.

All have a great day.

Star Princess 2005,Sun Princess 2005,Caribbean Princess 2006,MSC Lirica 2006,NCL Pearl 2007,Majesty of the Seas 2008,Carnival Destiny 2008 MSC Lirica 2009,Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor 2012,MSC Poesia 2012, MSC Poesia 2013,Carnival Legend 2013,MSC DIVINA 2014, MSC Divina 2014,Carnival Liberty 2015,MSC Divina 2015,Carnival Ecstasy 2015,NCL Star 2016,Carnival Glory 2016,MSC Divina 2017,NCL Sky 2017,NCL Getaway 2018
Old June 21st, 2017, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Default Happy Wednesday

Good morning. 95 today. Well, at least it's under100. Fire alewrts all over the place.

It's gym day for Keith and I have a pile of ironing awaiting me. Other than that, no plans.

Judy
Old June 21st, 2017, 11:47 AM
Admiral

It was bright and sunny just after 5 am this morning the first day of summer. We picked up our new vehicle yesterday and the technology it has is amazing. Today I will begin reading the manual to have a better understanding as to it all works.

"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list." ~ Susan Sontag

Emerald Princess, January 17, 2018; Santiago to Buenos Aires
Celebrity Infinity, February 4, 2018; Buenos Aires - Rio - Buenos Aires
Old June 21st, 2017, 08:18 PM
Admiral

Haimia, I'm glad you've gotten your back surgery scheduled. Sometimes I wonder if they actually know we're "people", not just "backs"!
Keith, congrats on the new car! Our's has more bells and whistles than we'll ever need!

I'm going to be having macular edema surgery next month. The surgical scheduler was out last week and her "assistant" sent me much more info than I needed! One thing was that I would have to sit/lay facedown for 3 to 5 days after surgery! There are several physical and mental reasons that I cannot do that!! So I called today and talked to the scheduler. She says I won't need to do any facedown positioning!
I'm very happy about that, but not so happy that her "assistant" didn't even look at my chart before sending papers (including one about what to do in inclement weather! I don't think we'll be having snow in July!). I trust my doctor, but I'm really a little leery about his assistants .
SunPrincess2006NCLDream&
CaribbeanPrincess2007NCLDawn&
IslandPrincess2008IslandPrincess&
GoldenPrincess2009CarnivalConquest&
GrandPrincess2010IslandPrincess&
GrandPrincess2011CarnivalMagic&
CarnivalDream2012IslandPrincess&
CarnivalMagic2013CarnivalLegend2014&
CarnivalMagic&CoralPrincess2015
CarnivalLiberty&CaribbeanPrincess2016
EmeraldPrincess2017Coral Princess2018
Old June 27th, 2017, 10:34 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
Haimia, I'm glad you've gotten your back surgery scheduled. Sometimes I wonder if they actually know we're "people", not just "backs"!

I know what you mean - surgery was set on May 30. Took nearly three weeks (with one week left before) to determine I could not be done at tiny surgery center!! By that time, I had so much set -
pre-surgery clearance, MRI and surgery testing that needs done WITHIN 30 days of surgery and expense of things done that I would not have done if surgery not able to be done by June 30 (would cost us $1500 more out of pocket after June 30), my DH's time off work and our dog's reservation at the boarders. We are just a number! No concern for our lives.

I'm going to be having macular edema surgery next month. The surgical scheduler was out last week and her "assistant" sent me much more info than I needed!

Really! As if we can't find TMI on the internet ourselves, let along them giving it to us!! Sounds like they are trying to scare patients off!!

her "assistant" didn't even look at my chart before sending papers (including one about what to do in inclement weather! I don't think we'll be having snow in July!). I trust my doctor, but I'm really a little leery about his assistants .

Love the "inclement winter weather" papers in July. Again, no concern about individuals - just a number and nothing changes from one to the other or time of year! And I know what you mean about loving a doctor for their care but the office really makes you want to find someone else! My rheumy and her office is like that. It is a true love-hate relationship!

Ugh, do I really want to go to surgery tomorrow!! , yes, I put too many people out with first set time, then changing everything and now I am hurting WAY too much from the weekend chores!! At least I remember WHY I am doing this surgery!!
Old June 27th, 2017, 01:40 PM
Admiral

Tomorrow I have a doctor appointment .My pain has been quite severe .Strangely it is at night and early AM when I am in the most pain .Right now I feel fine.
Old June 27th, 2017, 07:57 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haimia View Post
Ugh, do I really want to go to surgery tomorrow!! , yes, I put too many people out with first set time, then changing everything and now I am hurting WAY too much from the weekend chores!! At least I remember WHY I am doing this surgery!!

No, no one really want's to go to surgery! We go because we're told that it will make thing's better (back, hand, eye, joint, etc. !)
Thinking of you and sending good thoughts and prayers,
Fern
SunPrincess2006NCLDream&
CaribbeanPrincess2007NCLDawn&
IslandPrincess2008IslandPrincess&
GoldenPrincess2009CarnivalConquest&
GrandPrincess2010IslandPrincess&
GrandPrincess2011CarnivalMagic&
CarnivalDream2012IslandPrincess&
CarnivalMagic2013CarnivalLegend2014&
CarnivalMagic&CoralPrincess2015
CarnivalLiberty&CaribbeanPrincess2016
EmeraldPrincess2017Coral Princess2018
Old June 28th, 2017, 02:13 PM
Banned
Familiar Face

I wish all the very best in all your medical woes.
Health is our wealth, and its so nice to see everybody supporting each other here.

I received three PM's today, and I just want to say "Thank You " to all of you over the past few days for your messages of support, and kind comments.
Old June 28th, 2017, 03:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default Complaints

Seems like a lot you guys got complaints. Well here is mine.

I am still above ground
I got hearing aids in both ears now. Still trying to et used to them.'I can't hardly see. Wear Glasses but hey don't help much. Gonna see my 6 months eye doc soon.
I use a cane when I try to walk
I use a scooter when I have to go places that are over 100 feet.
I still go on Cruises. Going to Cuba soon. Got one booked in Oct for a 5 dayer
Heck its nothing wrong with me. . Just 97
Other all of the above I am still here the same as
Cruisemates is still here.

Anyone want to match this?
Old June 28th, 2017, 04:16 PM
Banned
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayb View Post
Anyone want to match this?
No Matching with this
But just to say well done on being able to cruise, to walk, to hear the sound of mother nature, to be able to see your family and friends......
All at the young age of 97....

Well done RayB
Old June 28th, 2017, 08:24 PM
Admiral

We should all cherish every day of our lives.
Old July 3rd, 2017, 11:03 AM
Captain

I am humbled! Ray, you are so right!
Old July 3rd, 2017, 07:40 PM
Admiral

I have not been able to ride on a train in 4 years .I plan on taking a train this week ..