Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2017, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Default Friday, Last Day of June

Morning Mates, Friday already! I couldn't get on here yesterday, internet was giving me trouble, and I was in a rush to get out anyway....

Today is what they call "Grading Day" in these parts, it is the day all the kids go back to school just to pick up report cards. Grading Day is then celebrated with grading presents or treats, things like a new bike, or free ice cream at DQ, or all kinds of specials at the local shops. I will have to get out today and get a little something for Jackie my Little Sister, she has just completed her first year of high school!

Lots going on here this long weekend; the Tall Ships are arriving in Pictou (right in town) so there's that excitement, plus free tours and entertainment on the pier. A brand new Syrian restaurant opens today, operated by this town's first Syrian refugee family, they are so proud!

Later today James' daughter and son-in-law arrive back from Montreal, and we will spend some time with them this weekend. Busy busy busy, That's OK, it makes the waiting easier....

donna
Old June 30th, 2017, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Good morning. Overcast and dreary in these parts, but I'm sure that will change.

Later today, Keith hand I will head to Newport Beach fo the weekend. That's fun but the packing isn't!

Donna sounds like you will have a good time today. I hope James is feeling a bit better.

Judy
Old June 30th, 2017, 12:03 PM
Admiral

Good morning. Judy have a great weekend. Donna, hope James is feeling better. Nothing planned for today except later watching NASCAR.

All have a great day.

Star Princess 2005,Sun Princess 2005,Caribbean Princess 2006,MSC Lirica 2006,NCL Pearl 2007,Majesty of the Seas 2008,Carnival Destiny 2008 MSC Lirica 2009,Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor 2012,MSC Poesia 2012, MSC Poesia 2013,Carnival Legend 2013,MSC DIVINA 2014, MSC Divina 2014,Carnival Liberty 2015,MSC Divina 2015,Carnival Ecstasy 2015,NCL Star 2016,Carnival Glory 2016,MSC Divina 2017,NCL Sky 2017,NCL Getaway 2018
Old June 30th, 2017, 12:47 PM
Admiral

Another overcast and wet day here. We have a few errands to run as the stores are closed tomorrow for Canada Day.

Judy...hope you and Keith have a great Anniversary weekend.

"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list." ~ Susan Sontag

Emerald Princess, January 17, 2018; Santiago to Buenos Aires
Celebrity Infinity, February 4, 2018; Buenos Aires - Rio - Buenos Aires
Old June 30th, 2017, 03:16 PM
Admiral

Oh, dear . . . and speaking of the weekend . . . Looks like we'll be taking the long way to Newport Beach.

A terrible accident occurred at John Wayne Airport when a private (6-pass.) plane missed the runway and landed on the freeway. The pilot was killed and the female passenger taken to a local hospital. Apparently, there are other injuries as well. Freeway is a mess, needless to say.

Judy