Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old August 14th, 2017, 08:24 AM
Admiral

Default Monday, mid-August

Wow, August is moving along and very quickly it seems. We are back from our family holiday which included time spent at Disney and a cruise on the Carnival Magic out of Port Canaveral. This is the first time we have cruised in summer time and both myself and Joanne found the heat just over bearing at times. Stops included Grand Turk and St. Kitts.....two of the islands we had never been to. San Juan and St. Maarten we had been to before. The family had a great time and all arrangements regarding home rental, ground transportation, and flights went off without a hitch. We did have a pretty bumpy ride home yesterday though. Now we will play catch-up with what needs to be done around the house. Have a great day everyone.

"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list." ~ Susan Sontag
Old August 14th, 2017, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Morning Keith and mates to follow, welcome home Keith, glad you had a great family vacation. We once cruised the Caribbean in June and we too found the heat unbearable! think we'll stick to winter/spring...

The sun is back today, in fact looks like a mostly sunny week ahead. I am glad because I do NOT want to be doing the drive to and from Halifax in a rainstorm like we had last week!

This morning I am taking James for his pre-chemo blood tests, and hopefully taking my Little Sister to camp for the afternoon.

What are you up to today?

donna
Old August 14th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

Keith: I agree with you. Where has the Summer gone? It seems like just a week ago Betty and I were celebrating our May and June birthdays.

Donna: I hope all goes well with James. Sorry you have to drive so far for treatments. I do wish the best for him and remember to take care of yourself.

We did ABSOLUTELY nothing this weekend. I had some sort of lower GI bug so I had to stay close to home. It wasn't anything serious, just inconvenient and it caused me to get my sleep pattern messed up. I fell asleep about 6:30 last night and awoke just before 10. Guess who hasn't been to bed yet? I'm going to try and stay awake as long as I can so I can get back on track.

We have nothing planned for today. It's strange to look at the calendar and see nothing on it for a whole week. I looked back and it hasn't been that way since we got home from Mexico in March.

My brother is coming up from Texas next week to move his daughter into her dorm for college here in Minnesota. After that he and I will be taking a three or four day road trip up north. He wants to get away for a few days and spend some time together. I'm looking forward to it.

I hope everyone has a great day and an even better week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 14th, 2017, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Default Monday, Mid-August

Good morning. A deep marine layer crept from the shore into the valleys, so we're enjoying a cool morning.

Keith, welcome home, Mike, happy travels, and nice to see you posting.

My usual to-do list for Monday which I will get to after some coffee and breakfast.

Have a nice day, everyone.

Judy
Old August 14th, 2017, 12:40 PM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

Keith I'm happy that you are back home after your Tropical vacation.

We have a cruise booked in July. A cousin is getting married on July 1st. 2018. It's destination wedding. It starts with a cruise out of San Juan and the wedding takes place in St. Thomas.
I'm hoping that since we have been in Florida since 2011, we will be OK with the Caribbean heat.

Donna, I wish James the best and hope that all goes well with his procedures.

Have a great day, folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011+4/4/2016
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015
Freedom OTS 3/6/16
Old August 14th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Admiral

Good morning mates.

I've knocked out most of the chores that I have to do. There are always others that I could do.

Welcome home, Keith. I hope that you have something else planned, otherwise it's depressing.

Donna, I hope that you and James have a safe trip today .

I hope everyone on here has a nice day.
Old August 14th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moiraine View Post

I've knocked out most of the chores that I have to do. There are always others that I could do.

You don't want to overdo it. If you do too much it becomes a habit.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011+4/4/2016
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015
Freedom OTS 3/6/16
Old August 14th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Admiral

My friend Ira who has Stage IV Pancreatic Cancer was given 48 hours to live today.
My 46 year old nephew who has a malignant brain tumor that cannot be removed now also has a blood clot in his lung.
My pain is worse than it has ever been.Surgery is not an option .I am trying to not take epidurals or strong pain medication.Life is not easy.