Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2017, 07:31 AM
Admiral

Default Hello Tuesday

Morning Mates, how is everybody today?
A bit numb after yesterday, with the massacre in Vegas and the news of the death of Tom Petty. There's just so much sadness and craziness in this world...

Fortunately, I have been experiencing the good in some people. During this difficult time both when James was in hospital and since he's been home, I have had good friends and barely-know acquaintances dropping by with cards, gifts, flowers, and lots of honemade meals and desserts. I am very fortunate to know such wonderful people and feel truly grateful for their thoughts at this time.

donna
Old October 3rd, 2017, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

Donna, I'm happy to see that people have so nice to you. You and James are wonderful people and you deserved all of the kindness that you are getting.

I attribute what happened in Vegas yesterday to a person whose mind fell apart. There are a lot of people who are mentally ill and don't show any symptoms. This guy was an extreme case.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011+4/4/2016
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015
Freedom OTS 3/6/16
Old October 3rd, 2017, 10:23 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
Good morning Mates

Donna, I'm happy to see that people have so nice to you. You and James are wonderful people and you deserved all of the kindness that you are getting.

I attribute what happened in Vegas yesterday to a person whose mind fell apart. There are a lot of people who are mentally ill and don't show any symptoms. This guy was an extreme case.

TM

I, too, am happy to see Donna getting support from neighbors and friends. It is wonderful to get respite in the form of homemade goodies when busy with an ill loved one.

Manuel, when someone "loses it" it is not pretty. I have been around ones who show symptoms and now know what to look for when things are getting bad. Was watching carefully about 1 1/2 years ago to one who was going through a really tough time but managed to keep it all together (maybe for the first time in their lives!!). Yesterday's guy was an extreme case that is happening far too often in recent years!

Quiet day, here. DH is working on a small project in his shed before he mows the lawn. Rain due tomorrow. Farmers furiously combining the crops that are ready to get done before the rains. May go out to eat later, after DH gets his work done. Have a better day, all!
Old October 3rd, 2017, 12:33 PM
Admiral

Default Hello Tuesday

Good morning. Overcast here, but I'm sure that will change as the day wears on.

We plan to go out for lunch, too. Today is meatball soup day!

Judy
Old October 3rd, 2017, 04:44 PM
Familiar Face

Beautiful Autumn day here, and so wonderful to read the lovely comments about others, being so kind.
made me smile with thanks.
Old October 3rd, 2017, 08:25 PM
Admiral

R.I.P. Tom Petty