Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 21st, 2017, 07:16 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Greetings

Morning Mates, a cold one here today for the 1st day of winter!
Nancy, hope that finger is OK, and Judy, tell Keith not to wait too long before getting checked out, don't want him to be sick for Christmas!

I am heading off to sing for the seniors again today, our last performance of the season. After that my day is free, will try to clean up the clutter in this house!

donna
Old December 21st, 2017, 10:14 AM
Captain

Hi all,

I have returned from the land of Disney and the land of the ill and infirmed!! We had a good vacation at Disney, just don't go over the Thanksgiving holiday!! Very Crowded!!!! The last three or so days, my legs and feet started to swell quite badly.

We returned home on a Tuesday. I had a CT of my chest and a leg Doppler on Wednesday to rule out any DVT's or PE's - none! We attended a TSO concert Wednesday night. Thursday, I spent unpacking, laundry doing and such. Friday, we watched two grands. I took one grand to town with me for a doctor's appointment and some shopping. We had a good day. Saturday, my world stopped!

I woke up Saturday unable to breathe. Our family doc was unreachable and her associate was in Seattle. So, off to the emergency department we went. I was immediately hooked up to an EKG and must have been okay, because after bloodwork, a chest Xray and some other preliminary stuff; we were left alone for about 5 hours!!!!

Around 2:00 pm, we learned I was being admitted with pneumonia and was whisked off to a room in the ICU step-down. I stayed there for eleven days! I had fevers (upwards of 104.8) and torture tactics were used to bring said fever down. I coughed and coughed, but never coughed up anything. Finally, on Friday, December the 8th, the doctors did a broncoscopy.

I was told I would be anxious and short of breath coming out of the procedure, however, I was relaxed and could breath!! Really could breath for the first time in several days!! They found all the extra fluids had "jelled" in my lungs and would never come out on its or my own. They took out the fluid and I felt much better. Doctors at hospital blame my Sjogrens (autoimmune disease often with RA); my rheumatologist is having me tested for cystic fibrosis; really, no one seems to know! I am being set up with a Sjogrens expert at the Cleveland Clinic and who knows what will be found out!

I finally was released on the 12th of December. We have had doctor follow-ups, Christmas shopping to finish, other stuff to get done, presents to wrap (my wonderful DH did an entire day of present-wrapping for me!!!) and food to get ready. We decided on minimal decorating (my DD#2 brought over a "Charlie brown" Christmas tree!!) and pizza on our family's Christmas which will be on Sunday, Christmas Eve.

I am just glad to be having Christmas, as my family doctor told me 20-30 years ago, I would have been made as comfortable as possible, but probably would have ended up drowning in my own fluids! Makes you realize what is important!!

It is good for me to catch up with all of you. Sorry to see some others also sick (Keith)! Belated Happy Birthday to Mrs. TM. Hoping Robin is enjoying her vacation in Disney.

If I don't get back on the CM site before the weekend, here is my hope for all - Have a Very Merry Christmas and enjoy the day with family, friends and loved ones! Take care and may all receive a New Year full of the best blessings!
Old December 21st, 2017, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

Haimia, I feel bad for you with all that you endured. I hope that you stay well and that you can enjoy the Christmas celebrations.

Today, Mrs. TM and I are visiting our hairdresser. I do have quite a bit of hair and this will be my last haircut of the year

Donna, I'm sure the seniors will enjoy your singing,

Have a great day everyone.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011+4/4/2016
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015
Freedom OTS 3/6/16
Old December 21st, 2017, 11:04 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Greetings

Good morning. I am enjoying my first cup of coffee of the day. Turns oit Keith has a cold; there's nothing to do for that except take care of yourself. Hope it doesn't end up in his chest. I will monitor closely and see that he goes to the Dr., if needed.

I have errands to run today . . . getting a haircut Saturday . . .

Judy
Old December 21st, 2017, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon. I slept late this morning and after my shower it was out the door for a couple of errands. Bruce took my car to work today so I may start packing the van this afternoon.

Haimia. sorry you have been through so much, hope you are completely better soon.

All have a great day.
2005-2 Princess, 2006-Princess MSC, 2007-NCL,2008-Carnival & RCL, 2009- MSC & Carnival, 2010- 2 Carnival,2011-Carnival, 2012-Carnival & MSC, 2013-MSC & Carnival, 2014- 2 MSC, 2015-2 Carnival & MSC, 2016-NCL & Carnival,2017- MSC, 2018- NCL & MSC & RCL
Old December 21st, 2017, 02:45 PM
Admiral

Hoping that everyone stays well over the holidays. Here, it will also be about staying warm as they are predicting our coldest holiday period in several decades.......uggg.....I use to enjoy winter.....skating, skiing, tobogganing but now I just like to escape.

"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list." ~ Susan Sontag
Old December 22nd, 2017, 05:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default Merry Christmas

Hope every Cruisemte and the whold world will be happy and healthy for the Holidays.
I am well and said to myself. "what am I doing at home" So I booked another cruse. Back on the Paradise for 5 days embarking on Jan 6. Take my oldest Grandson with me. He will be my Guardian and driver. Keep well you all.
Old December 22nd, 2017, 09:44 PM
Admiral

Ray, you are a super cruiser. I hope that you enjoy your next cruise.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011+4/4/2016
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015
Freedom OTS 3/6/16
Old December 23rd, 2017, 11:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good for you, Ray! But looking at the dates of your cruises at the bottom of your post, it looks like you won't be home when Wayne and I stop in Orlando on our way home from our own cruise. If you haven't already seen it, check the email I sent you a few days ago. We are disappointed we won't get to see you, but hope you enjoy your birthday on another cruise!
Old December 23rd, 2017, 06:53 PM
Admiral

Congratulations Ray! You are the ultimate Cruisemate!

"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list." ~ Susan Sontag