Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 30th, 2017, 06:58 AM
Admiral

Default Last Saturday of 2017

Morning Mates, I have been remiss in posting the past few days. Nothing wrong, just forgetful!
I had a wonderful visit with my son who was here from last Friday night until Wednesday afternoon. He, my sister and I had a great Christmas together, family time, memories, good food, and a hilarious time playing a new game called Speak Out. Felt good to laugh like that!

He's gone home on the bus now and life is sort of back to normal. I am back at the mall today selling the last of the Big Brothers calendars, only 30 left, so if I sell them all I won't have to go back! (we do sell into the first week of January).

We have been experiencing an early deep freeze and still very little snow, so not getting out much, too cold! Sorry to hear that Judy and Keith are still under the weather, hope you two are getting some relief by now.

Do any of you have any plans for New Years Eve?

donna
Old December 30th, 2017, 09:34 AM
Admiral

We are still in the deep freeze and it is suppose to continue until mid-week. The guests we were having this evening have had to cancel because of illness so it will be a quiet day with only one short outing to the stores.

Donna.....we have nothing planned for New Years Eve. Typically we will watch one of the shows from Times Square and will likely be in bed 1 minute after midnight.

"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list." ~ Susan Sontag
Old December 30th, 2017, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Donna & Kieth

We too are n a deep freeze and Iím starting to think winter is going to be brutal. Good think I have a cruise coming up ....also another one booked for 2019 .

Donna, Iím glad you spent some time with your son and had a nice time, laughter does the body a world of good.

Nothing special planned for New Year Eve other than staying cozy and warm on the sofa watching a movie and then the festivities to ring in the New Year.

Wishing all of our Mates a happy and healthy 2018 as itís been a rough year for so many .
Old December 30th, 2017, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

Donna, I was happy to see your post because I was beginning to worry about you. I'm happy that you had a nice Christmas.
We are not having freezing temperatures but we are having fairly cool weather. Today the high here in town will 62.
We are going to a NYE party at the local Portuguese Club. I have not stayed home for the ringing in of the New Year for quite some time.
Next year, I might do something more exotic.

I hope that you all have a nice day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011+4/4/2016
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015
Freedom OTS 3/6/16
Old December 30th, 2017, 11:26 AM
Admiral

No plans for New Years Eve .We cannot even leave our house because of the snow .If we had a downstairs we possibly could have invited friends here.