Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2018, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday, Still Snowing

MOrning mates, we had quite a bit of snow yesterday, then hours of freezing drizzle, now it's snowing/blowing again. Schools are canceled again and the roads are not looking good so I am staying home again.

I got a lot done yesterday, I am recycling my old lamps by painting the bases and giving them new lampshades. Also painted a decorative pitcher and bowl to put flowers in. Sewed a hem on a new pair of curtains. Slowly, my new bedroom is coming together!

Today I hope to just sit and work on a jigsaw puzzle, also for the new room. As I am suffering terrible sciatic pain, it's probably the most I will do today!

donna
Old January 31st, 2018, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Good morning. In a bit going to the dermatologist and not sure what after. Though do have to do at least one load of laundry when I get home.

All have a great day.
2005-2 Princess, 2006-Princess MSC, 2007-NCL,2008-Carnival & RCI, 2009- MSC & Carnival, 2010- 2 Carnival,2011-Carnival, 2012-Carnival & MSC, 2013-MSC & Carnival, 2014- 2 MSC, 2015-2 Carnival & MSC, 2016-NCL & Carnival,2017- MSC, 2018-2 NCL & MSC & RCI, 2019 Carnival
Old January 31st, 2018, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

G'day Cruisemates! I'm sitting on the patio enjoying my morning coffee, and a bright sunny morning. A great day on tap with temps heading to 80 degrees in AZ today. As a matter of fact, the 10 day forecast is for 80 degree temps every day.

Mrs Kuki is off to a hair appt in a bit, and I'm going golfing this afternoon. Then out for dinner with friends afterwards.

Have a number of friends in town this week, so a busy week and weekend ahead with a lot of different dinner dates.

Today the Waste Management Phoenix Open golf tournament begins. A friend has got a private box on the famous 16th hole for the final day on Sunday, and has invited me to attend. So, if you're watching golf on Sunday prior to the Super Bowl wave to me 👋

Hope those of you in cold weather climates stay warm, and healthy.
Old January 31st, 2018, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday, Still Snowing

Good morning. It's a beautiful sunny morning in SoCal. Not much going on today, just the usual stuff . . .

Judy
Old January 31st, 2018, 02:16 PM
Admiral

We are off the Emerald Princess in Buenos Aires. As they say....all good things must come to an end. Our first encounter with the cabbies here was what we expected.....had to insist he turn the meter on and then he pretended to think the bus station was the train station. I had printed out the exact wording for it and showed him prior to leaving the cruise terminal. Then he charged extra for the luggage which I guess is normal.

Now we are in the Tigre delta area of Buenos Aires. The train ride was about 28 km’s and the cost , for both of us, was a whopping....$1.25 US. Public transit is dirt cheap here and from what we know so far groceries, restaurants, food stands and drinks are by far less expensive than back home.

Now.....if only I could post some pictures......I have never had any success doing that here.

Have a great day everyone!

"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list." ~ Susan Sontag
Old January 31st, 2018, 09:09 PM
Admiral

It was 19 degrees here this morning with ice on the ground but I had to go out as I had an emergency treatment with my Neurologist.