Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2018, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Smile Thursday (goodbye month of May)

Good morning Mates

On this Sunny morning I'm up early and I'm a month away from our next cruise. We will be going on the Freedom of the Seas to attend a cousin's wedding. The couple will be married on a beach in St. Thomas.
I feel the year is going by fast but that must be my age.

I hope that you all have a nice day.

TM

Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011+4/4/2016
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015
Freedom OTS 3/6/16
Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2018, 10:29 AM
Captain

Hi Manual and all CM's to follow!

Quoted by Donna: "I have been missing for a couple days. Had that Dr appointment, started me on prednisone, brand new medication for me. I had such an adverse reaction after only 4 hrs, I thought I would die with the headache, nausea, vomiting, a-fib, dizziness. It took 1 night and a full day of rest to feel better. I am never touching that stuff again, I will live with the pain."

Oh, Donna, I feel for you! Prednisone is a wonderful/ awful medication! I am on it daily and have been for a few years! It is wonderful, as it really helps with inflammation but awful in its side effects - both short term and long term! One of the long term side effects is cataracts!!! Hence part of the reason I have had both eyes done already at the age of 56!

Manual, is there room in your suitcase for me!! I would love to go on a cruise about now!! We have had a week of 90's already in Ohio. Warmer than you, probably, in Florida!

We had two grands from Saturday night until Monday night! Wow, I can really feel my age (and then some) even though these two grands are really good kids! One is 2.5 years old and the other is 9 months. It was fun to have them and relaxing to let them go home!! We also picked up other two grands from sitter's yesterday and took them home.

DH and I both were to the doctor on Tuesday. DH has a double ear infection and I have a really bad sore throat. Went home with three scripts (2 for DH and 1 for me) along with the shots each of us had at the doctor. Feeling better now, but tried to sleep in a bit yesterday. DH was not having it and made sure I got up. Does not understand I am also sick plus I am off my RA meds yet again! Ugh!

Tomorrow, we have the two grands we had over the weekend. It is only for the day while mommy and daddy work. Then, the usual weekend cleaning and such and back to Monday babysitting the other two grands for the day. Same old, same old here!

Moirraine, hope you feel better soon! Mike M., take care and keep us updated on your condition. Manual, Robin, Bob, Len and more (I know I am missing someone!!??) all have a good day along with the rest of CM's and a great upcoming weekend!

Old May 31st, 2018, 10:29 AM
Admiral

Morning Manuel, and any other mates who show up late today! I have been out to the pool already, came home to colour my hair before going out again for a haircut this afternoon.
Looking forward to the 25C temperature promised for today, it's about time it warmed up! ( that's about 77F).
Enjoy your last day of May!

donna
Old May 31st, 2018, 11:51 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday (Good Bye Month of May)

Good morning. It's a chilly damp morning in SoCal. MY age is showing, too: Achy fingers make it difficult to type.
Have a good day, everybody.

Judy
Old June 1st, 2018, 04:27 PM
Admiral

6 months from today (June 1) is our next cruise .We had been hoping to do one last month but things did not work out.