Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2000, 10:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default dress code on the atlantica

i am sailing on the atlantica,this is the first time on the costa line.i was wondering if on the other nites,not the formal nights....how dressy are they.on other lines men do not need a sports coat for dinner..is that needed here or could the just wear a nice shirt with dress pant?thanks...dee
Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2000, 07:08 AM
Passenger

Default RE: dress code on the atlantica

On Atlantica during no formal nights the dress code is very informal and casual, this is the dress code during european season but I think even for caribbean's.
During these nights men have t-shirts or shirt with long pants, unfortunately even during formal nights there are alot of men without tie or jacket even if it's possible to meet people with tuxedo...
As you understand I met a lot of different ways to dress and from one side it's possible to be a good thing but for a person as me who like formal dress is not a very good thing.
Old October 16th, 2000, 05:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

thanks teo for that info,because the brochure says that men need jackets for dinner,and for formal nites to be very dressed is ok,but to be dressed nice without a jacket is good too..thanks...dee
Old October 17th, 2000, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Teo's experience is on the Atlantica in Europe. Dress codes and the observance thereof on Costa ships in the Caribbean is not unlike what you would find on most mid range Premium brand ships. Ernie
Old October 20th, 2000, 09:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default RE: dress code on Atlantica ++

We are sailing on the Atlantica around the Caribbean on Nov. 26...a couple of questions...will I need a suit AND a sport coat?...will most people speak English? (A review of the ship--not very positive--says that in Caribbean there will not be as many European languages spoken)...your opinion???
We are expecting a lot better things from Costa (1st time for us on Costa) than the reviews posted here on Cruisemates. We recently were on the Celebrity Millennium which got rave reviews--and we felt that ship was only ordinary...
Old October 22nd, 2000, 10:23 PM
Admiral

Default RE: dress code on Atlantica ++

In the Caribbean, English will be the primary lanuage on the Atlantica. They make almost NO public announcements at all, and, except for the life boat drill, all the other announcements are made in English. You can expect an average of 85% Americans to be on that November sailing... more or less. A sports jacket will surely come in handy. Use the suit for the formals and the sports jacket with open shirt would be fine on semi formal evenings. Casual evenings and Caribbean night need no jacket at all and the toga night speaks for itself.

There is a new review of the Atlantica up on the members reviews section of Cruise Mates. Really suggest you go aboard with an open mind... decide for yourself. I don't know why these rooms continue to revue the Costa ships in Europe, then give the review to a primarily American audience. Everything on board the ships are totally different in the Caribbean from Europe. I know the reviewers make casual mention that things are different over here... but, the consistent questions on the same matter suggest that the not so subtle differences are being lost on the cruising public.

Ernie