Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2001, 09:20 PM
susancruises

Default Costa Atlantica

I'm back from the Costa Atlantica and eventually I will do a real review but for now just a few comments. I did not have a problem with people treating me different because I was American. People were friendly, said hello, bon jour, or whatever and never changed because I just said Hi! Most of the time if someone said Bon Jour I responded in their language, too. Now I find the announcement issue over exagerated. Are people that intolerant and think the whole world has to be their way? I liked the fact that the Atlantica was the quietest ship and announcement free ship I have ever been on. No hawking drink specials, no bingo, art auction or horse racing announcements, virtually no announcements at all. The ones they did do in 5 languages were of importance not for monetary reasons and at best once a day! Why all the complaining on this subject? The food isn't gourmet but I haven't had gourmet food on NCL, RCI, or Princess either. All my meals were served on time, the right entre, the right temperature and all were edible. The wait staff was fine but were from the Victoria and were experienced. I probably wouldn't recommend Costa even though I really liked it just because people have pre-conceived ideas as to what they want and if it isn't that they are very critical. For myself, I'd cruise Costa again!
Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2001, 12:43 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Costa Atlantica

I found costa cruise line to be different. It did not have great entertainment. If you like ball room music everywhere you go on the ship then YES go Costa Cruise line. BUT if yo want a variety the choice rccl or celebrity. Entertain was lacking in the theatre. It was mostly aerobics to music with fancy costumes. The Physical comedian was boring after the first night. as was the aerobics on stage.. no variety once again.If you really wanted to rest then costa is your cruise line because there is nothing to do... In bed by 10pm... I would not go again on Costa ...Food was average, it was always the right temperature. Nothing to brag about. But once again no real variety..Our room was spacious and we had a balcony..Service here was great. But our friends service was terrible.. they actually had to ring for service at 10pm...so they could go to bed!!!!!! Once again if your looking for peace and quiet then costa is the cruise line to go on.I must say I did get plenty of sleep this vacation..But not alot of fun memories.
Old April 1st, 2001, 09:48 PM
susancruises

I haven't been on Celebrity but I have been on RCCL, Princess and NCL and I just didn't mind Costa, but everyone is different. I don't like all the noise and hype and the shows just aren't that important to me, as I've seen some bad ones on all 3 of those lines and I'm to the point I don't need them. I did enjoy some of the other music that was available but that is just personal taste! I met some fun people that I went on two shore excursions with and I had great people at dinner, we had lots of fun and I guess that is what I look for, people memories. I had a fun cruise but for the reasons you mention, I wouldn't recommend this cruise line because too many people don't like it and I wouldn't want to be responsible for telling some one try it, you'll like it, when they may not!
Old April 2nd, 2001, 08:28 AM
Passenger

Navigator of the Seas

Serenade of the Seas
Old April 2nd, 2001, 08:56 PM
Admiral

Well... if you enjoyed it, you should recommend it! It is not a line for everyone... but no line really is.
Old April 19th, 2001, 01:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

We have sailed Costa three times and really enjoy the international flavor. We brought along our children who had a great time as well. It is quite different from your mainstream RCCL or Princess cruise but I guess that is what we liked.
Give it a try! Think out side the box!

Deb
Old April 20th, 2001, 10:55 AM
BillG

The new edition of Cruise Travel magazine (June, 2001) has a great feature on Costa Atlantica. No one ship or line is perfect for everyone, but I am sure that there are many who would enjoy this ship and its cruise style. Check out the article and see what you think.
Old April 26th, 2001, 08:47 PM
First Mate

I agree with everything you said. I found the Atlantica just perfect for what I wanted. I've been on the Romantica and enjoyed her just as much, maybe more as she was my "first time".

The service on both was good, staff friendly, food was good and on time. I really had no complaints except it was over too soon.

Nancy