Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 22nd, 2001, 02:44 PM
Mary Lou

Default Who's cruising, when and what ship(s)?

So you lucky cruisers....who is cruising, when and what ship(s)?
Mary Lou
Thursday Chat Host
Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2001, 04:42 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Who's cruising, when and what ship(s)?

Hi Mary Lou......Glad to see some activity on this board......while it is a longgggggg way off, my hubby and I will be cruising on the Costa Atlantica on 2/24. Would love to hear from some other shipmates.
Old July 25th, 2001, 08:51 PM
regent

Well, shucks! I'll step up to the plate. We (hubby & me) are booked on the Costa Atlantica for our Christmas cruise. Yippeeee!!! *dancing around the room* Leaving December 23. Gee, less than 5 months to pack...
I suspect nobody's talking about the Atlantica much because she's not returning to this neck of the woods (water) til November or December. I'm sure the boards will pick up then. In the meantime, I've read so many mixed reviews about her, I can hardly stand it. Personally, I'll save my opinion til I'm sailing on her.
I do know one thing - there's not even a whisper of a chance I'm walking across a glass stairway that's "dangling" in the air! Good grief! Have you seen that thing? I hope there's another way to get to that dining room or someone's going to be making a fortune in tips bringing us room service.
Seeing as I'm going before you Carol - if there's anything I can answer for you when I get back, I'll do my best to help.
Happy sailing to all!
Old July 25th, 2001, 09:50 PM
Admiral

You're in for a great cruise on a remarkable vessel. (I cannot handle that stairway either, but you can look down onto it from the Club Atlantica, and it is a dramatic view, dangling as it does over an unobstructed atrium of some 11 or 12 decks). This is a very special ship. Don't put too much stock in what you read on these boards. More dissatisfied people post, unfortunately, than those who disembark after a highly satisfied cruise. It is just human nature.

Suffice to say, she had a smashing first season in the Caribbean and her second, coming up soon, is rapidly selling out. Make up your own minds.

Ernie
Old September 30th, 2001, 11:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

We are cruising on the Atlantica on Feb. 17th. We went on the Atlantica last year during Christmas Week. We had a wonderful time. The ship is truly amazing. We were in an inside cabin last year as we brought our 2 college age children - BTW they also had a terrific time. In February we booked a veranda and can't wait.
Rosemary
Old November 27th, 2001, 01:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Matt

I will again be on Atlantica Feb 24 , same time last year, different itinerary. Carol, weren't you the one that didn't make it last year?
Old December 26th, 2001, 01:35 PM
Del B

My wife and I will be going on the New Years Eve Eastern Caribbean leaving FLL on 12/30/01. We are very much looking forward to a change in cruise line adventure. We have been to the Eastern on the Carnival Paradice and had a great time. This trip is going to be a special much needed get a way for us.

As for the negative comments, I believe most are from those who just can't relax. To many times people take vacations and are still uptight about the problems they just can't leave behind. Slow down have patience and if the food is not right there when you expecte it, pour another glass of Chianti and enjoy your companies conversation.

I will get on board with and open mind, a loving wife and a taste for something different. I can't for a moument believe that this will not be a week that I will remmeber for a long time.

I will post when I return.

Del B.
Old January 2nd, 2002, 11:17 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to natalie

My husband and I, along with a couple of good friends, are taking our very first cruise ever on the Atlantico, departing from Fort Lauderdale on January 20, 2002. Western Caribbean.

If anyone will be on the cruise, or has any advice for first time cruisers, I would appreciate it very much.
Old January 4th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Deena

Carol, hubby and I are cruising the week after you. Would love to chat before you leave to know what you are planning as excursions.

This is our first Costa cruise, have been on Carnival and Royal. Looking forward to this even though have heard some negatives about the ship and crew.

email me at deenam@cbesc.com

Deena