Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2001, 02:08 PM
Jay A. Peterson

Default Embarkation & Debarkation Times

I will be sailing on the Atlantica Dec. 9th through 23rd. The ship has posted times for the ports. How close to these posted times are the actual times for embarking and debarking? I have scheduled several activities and I am wondering how close to the posted times will I be able to actually get off the ship so as not to miss various reservations. For instance, Grand Cayman has arrival at 8:00 a.m. and departure at 5:00 p.m. on December 14. Will I be able to get off the ship at 8:00 a.m. and not have to return until 5:00 p.m.?
Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2001, 09:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Embarkation & Debarkation Times

Not much of a chance, on the CostaAtlantica or any other ship, for that matter. To a large extent, disembarkation depends entirely upon clearance of the ship by local authorities. It is totally out of the control of the Cruise Line. Assuming the ship is scheduled to dock at 8am, and arrives on time... you can expect clearance anywhere from 8:05 to 9am or so. Again, regardless of the ship, you should allow an hour from the posted time of arrival for port formalities.

Embarkation usually is scheduled to end about 1/2 hour before scheduled sailing time. We advise always checking the posted sailing times... always shown at the gangway before you disembark. These times are subject to change, due to weather and tidal conditions. Scheduled sailing times are usually accurate... but not always.
Old November 13th, 2001, 09:23 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Embarkation & Debarkation Times

P.S. We'll be on board on the December 16th segment.