Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2002, 01:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default aft suites Atlantica

We are considering the 4/14/02 Western Caribbean cruise and are holding a mid ship suite as well as an aft. We (me and my 2 sons) travel with my parents and I am not sure which suite would work best for 3. We have sailed on Holland America in a mini-suite and by the end of the week the suite seemed so much smaller!!! I am also concerned that the veranda is NOT private. Has anyone sailed on the Atlantica in an aft suite? I would love to know about your cuise.
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2002, 02:52 PM
Admiral

Default Re: aft suites Atlantica

If you are talking about the aft Grand Suites, they are quite nice. You have a main bedroom totally separate, with a nice dressing room and passage way connecting it to the living room with convertible sofa. The wrap around balcony is completely private and huge. If you want privacy, this may be the way to go. We have stayed in one of these and a mid-ship GS... the mid-ship one is a wide open space basically, with a nice, but smaller balcony than the aft. It feels bigger because the aft suites are broken up into rooms... but I personally liked the aft better. Again, the main consideration is if you want some privacy. In the aft suites there are two entrances to the main bedroom and both can be closed. The dressing room lies between that bedroom and the living room... with a door that closes into the bedroom and one that closes into the living room... so you can, in fact, close off the bedroom and the dressing area "en suite" from the living room.

Sounds a bit complicated. They are both quite nice. It the balcony is an important part of the cruise experience, the aft GS's balconies are superb. Let me know if I can be of further help.
Old February 25th, 2002, 01:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you, your explaination is very clear. I did see this aft grand suite on an internet site but could not tell if the passage way connected to the living room. I was concerned that I would have to go into the bedroom to reach the bathroom. This suite sounds perfect for the three of us and I will put my parents in the mid ship grand suite. Just keep your fingers crossed for me, my folks are lovers of Holland America and I imagine this will be quite a change!
Old February 25th, 2002, 09:38 AM
Admiral

If they go expecting to have a good time they will. It is a very different experience from HAL... in lots of ways... but variety is the spice of life. Let us know how it went!