Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Karen J

Default Transatlantic cruise questions on Atlantica

I will be on the Costa Atlantica transatlantic crossing in April 2003 and would like to know what sort of weather to expect while crossing the Atlantic. If anybody has experienced this trip before I would be pleased to hear all about it.

I would also like to know what to pack for evening wear. I understand there will be 2-3 formal evenings and the rest are casual. I am not sure how casual that is. Will my husband need a jacket and tie on casual nights? Will I be ok wearing a nice dress or will we look over the top? I am packing for a family of 5 so I want to pack just what we need if possible.

Any information regarding the childrens clubs for a 9, 10 and 12 year old would also be welcome. Thanks - Karen
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2003, 11:35 AM
Johnt

Default Re: Transatlantic cruise questions on Atlantica

Saw your post a couple of days ago and thought that someone with more knowledge would answer you.
We are also on the transatlantic cruise on the Atlantica if we make it with a war going on. I am an American living in Germany and there may be a problem with flights.
We have not gone transatlantic, but were on the Costa Allegra last May. Concerning your evening wear question - We wore dressy stuff (tux or dark suit, nice dress) on the formal nights. The other nights we wore normal dinner type clothes (slacks, dockers, dress shirt sometimes a sport coat without a tie and my wife wore slacks and a blouse). We were on a med. cruise - there were a bunch (300) of newly-wed Italians on the ship and some of them wore blue jeans and t-shirts to dinner and no one complained.
There were a few children on our ship and it seemed that they were well taken care of by the entertainment staff.