Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2003, 12:27 PM
Passenger

Default Costa Victoria Questions

We are going on the Costa Victoria with our children (ages 7 and 8). Could anyone answer a few questions for us?

Should we pack beach towels? We don't plan on doing excursions offered by the ship-we like to go on our own. Are the towels left on your bed only if you have booked an excursion thorough the ship?

Will the room steward remove the mini bar items from the in room refrigerator so we can store our own soft drinks in there? We were planning on picking some up in port.

What drinks are served at dinner? We read that lemonade and fruit punch were served at the lunch buffet (can anyone confirm this?). But we were hoping our kids could have lemonade at dinner if it is available. We are trying to decide on the soft drink card. Has anyone done this-did you think it was worth the price?

What toiletries were included in the bathroom? I read that the Atlantica only had shampoo-no conditioner. Is this the case on the Victoria also?

Is the pool open for swimming in port and is it fresh water or salt water?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give us!

Post Edited (04-01-03 15:12)
Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2003, 01:42 PM
cmattox214@aol.com

Default Re: Costa Victoria Questions

Just returned from Costa Victoria Western Caribbean 3/23 - 3/30. We took no shore excursions offered by the ship, and three nice large turquoise costa beach towels were left by the steward in our cabin. Every day he asked us if we needed fresh ones. So DO NOT take your towels, just extra stuff to pack.

There was water, orange juice, tea, and coffee available at the buffets. Our son age 9 was with us, he drank lots of the orange juice. I never saw lemonade or fruit juice (other than orange juice) on the buffets. At dinner at night, my son always wanted milk, so don't know about the lemonade.

The drink card was not pushed much. I think I saw something about it, and I thought it was kind of high. Seems like it was $32 or something like that, and it only offered a certain amount of soft drinks, not unlimited.

The mini bar had room for a few canned drinks without the steward removing anything. We never asked him too. We brought along a 6-pack of cokes and they fit fine (if sideways on top of the little liquor bottles).

The bathroom had shampoo and lotion, nothing else. Bring your own toiletries and conditioner.

The pool seemed to be open all the time, in and out of port, except for one night that I saw it drained and they were cleaning. It was salt water.

There seemed to be a problem keeping the hot tubs open. This is something I especially enjoy. Even though there were at least four hot tubs, rarely was more than one open at a time. A few times, all were closed. My only complaint!
Old August 13th, 2003, 11:34 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Costa Victoria Questions

hey,

I had a wonderful time on the cruise. The previous reply was very "on the ball". Bring your personal toiletries. The pools and hot tubs are drained every night at seven, thats pretty common for all cruise ships. I think it might have something to do with insurance for them etc. I got the drink card. I think it was $40 for 20 non-alcholic drinks. It was very reasonable. If you dont get the drink card then it $3.75 a drink. Also, the card is not a card, It is a little coupon book that u tear out a coupon and give it to a waitress. Its valid everywhere through out the ship, it was nice because you never had to sign things ( you can only use your shipboard card on the ship everywhere.. no cash) and you have to sign and wait sometimes, it takes longer... so the coupons are more convienent.. and cheaper. You can divide the coupons among your family and it will not seem so expensive, I used a whole coupon book just for myself. I liked to get a drink out by the pool, at dinner and at a show. Anyways, if you have any questions then feel free to email me( i probably wont check the message boards as promptly as i check email) I went with a family that had younger kids so I know a little about the childrens programs. Enjoy your cruise! Im jealous its not me going!

~Amber