Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Luden,Alexis,Samantha

Default First Timer Cruiser

I traveled on the Costa Atlantica in March-Abril 2003 Western Carib 7 day being this my first cruise I did some research on the ship and to my surprise I found some good and some not so good comments on the ship.So let me tell you a little about my experience getting on the ship in Fort Laurade went smothly I was at the port @ 1600 and @1730 was in my cabin,staff member were very helpful assisting me to locate the cabin,which let me add was very clean and organized.My cabin was cleaned daily ,replacing towels in between (feel sorry for who ever does the laundry) and even at night the sheets were pulled down PJ's laided out and mints left on the pillows.My luggage was delivered before 1900 without any suitcase missing.About the dinnig room I only ate 3 times,first day aboard and the 2 formal nights I traveled with my 2 children that are not into trying new dishes,but the service was extremely good and the food appealing to the taste.My children were amazed on how the waiter remembered their names after just one day on board.The entertaiment was according to your taste they had a little bit of everything.The shore excursion although a little expensive and too little time were very interesting being Jamaica the one my children enjoyed the most.En regards to the Mini/Maxi Club for the children It was amazing to see how only 4 staff members take so much pride in the work they do and treated each child with respect and a loving atmosphere that you could feel it in the air.My children loved going to the club so much that sometimes I think they forgot that I was traveling with them.They even had a Talent show for the children ( please to say my daughter particated and won a ''Oscar ") who care if it is made a plastic it was the thoughtfulness that counted the pleasure to see their face light up when they were presented with their '' Oscars'' after the show.Desembarking the ship was slow due to the fact that Customs came 1 hour late but when the ship cleared it went smoothly and fast ,my luggage was ready by the time I came off the ship and again not one piece missing,and nothing broken( yes I did pack glass objects in the suitcase). I will be telling my friends and co-workers about my wonderful experience and will be taking my next cruise with Costa in the near future.
Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2003, 08:13 AM
NCCruiser

Default Re: First Timer Cruiser

Thanks for writing a review of the ship. We will be leaving Friday for our trip on the Victoria hopefully we will have a good experience also.

Carnival Fantasy 4/2000
Carnival Fascination 4/2002
Costa Victoria 4/2003