Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2004, 02:51 AM
Enough is enough

Default Why so many harsh discussions on this board?

It seems to me this is the only board where each one supports his opinion so strongly, sometimes going down to insults and wonder why.

On other cruise lines boards good and bad reports are shown, but always respecting all experiences while here sometimes this is not the case.

Am i right or wrong?

Can you guys tell me your opinion about this?
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2004, 04:22 AM
Enough is enough

Default Re: Why so many harsh discussions on this board?

CORRECTION!

This is not the only board where insults are exchanged.

Have a look to QM2-Not worth the Cunard name thread on Cunard line board: worse than any post here.

So please read: …is one of the few boards… in my previous post

The question still remains, however.
Old January 23rd, 2004, 07:34 AM
juan

Default Re: Why so many harsh discussions on this board?

Well, I only got involved when people's opinions deriorated into accusations when one did not agree with that person's opinion. I never insulted anyone on this board until "we" (the people who enjoyed the cruise) were -- among other things -- accused of being Costa employees, being foolish for thinking the food was good, and so forth. If you go back and read all the topics, you will see that I maintained my civility and neutrality (only expressing my experience without diminishing others' opinions) for quite a while. I finally lost it when it was clear that, well... we just could agree to disagree, apparently.

This is all about opinions, and we know what they say about opinions. There is no need, however, to state that those who do not share your opinion are fools or stupid. (I know I am paraphrasing here. I'd have to go back and check the exact wording. The point is, we were, in no uncertain terms, called fools for disagreeing. I do remember that one of the posts read something like, "You thought the food was good? Well, that explains it," or something to that effect.)

I have stopped posting because the discussions were deteriorating to an ugly point. I've been willing to move on, and wish everyone happy crusing -- regardless of the cruiseline they select.