Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2004, 07:55 AM
Tom Morrissey

Default bringing liquor or wine on board

What is Costa's policy about bringing liquor or wine on board? Do they sell it on board as RCCL does at a increased price?
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Tom F

Default Re: bringing liquor or wine on board

they state you cant bring liquor on board. However they do not check at all. You will not have a problem at all. Everyone in my partry took on some wines and bottles of liquor. There are also inexpensive, compared to NY prices on board in the shop. And also at the ports. Puerto Rico has a shop as soon as you come of the ship, in the terminal, they are veryr easonable. St Thomas was also very cheap.
Old February 18th, 2004, 09:51 AM
barb0701

Default Re: Re: bringing liquor or wine on board

Did you bring the liquor in your carry on bag or in your suitcase. Normally I have taken 2 wine bottles per person on Carnival on my carry on and they always make me open up my bag to make sure that it is wine.
Old February 18th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Tom F

Wew took the liquor in our suitcases. No problems at all. One party member took it in a carry on, once again, no problem.
Old February 19th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Tom Morrissey

Do you know if you can buy a bottle on board to take back to your cabin?
Old February 19th, 2004, 11:17 AM
Tom F

Default Re: Re: bringing liquor or wine on board

Tom- I did buy a few bottles toward the second to last day, and I was able to take them back to my room. I also purchased in the shops in Puerto Rico and St Thomas, no problem. The drinks are a bit expensive for this cruise as well as soft drinks. The bill will add up so do your best. We also had a few people buy into the pre purchased wine plans, they appeared to be happy, a decent selection of wine. We had kids who purchased the soft drink card, that was a good deal for them also.
Old December 16th, 2004, 07:31 AM
fallbeauty

Default Re: Re: Re: bringing liquor or wine on board

Hi,

I am cruising the Costa Atlantica Feb 6-13. First time cruising Costa and traveling with some first time cruisers. We like to drink while vacating but i understand this can get quite expensive. Does anyone know of the details of wine/liquor? Can we purchase a 'booze card' if so, how much is it and what does it include? What about bringing it on board? Any info would be appreciated.
Old December 22nd, 2004, 11:16 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to BellaBella

We also brought liquer on board on our carry on.We also had a mini bar set up in our room,cabin steward did not disturb it at all,We cruised in jan 18,04 on the atlantica,We will be on the medit on jan 23,2005 liquer and all. have a good one.
Old December 22nd, 2004, 06:22 PM
Penny L

Default Re: Re: Re: bringing liquor or wine on board

How much did they sell the pop cards for. We are going in January and taking children. Also was wondering about the gratuities. I read that they automatically add them to your bill. Is this true and how much did it amount to for you.