Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 10th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Beginner

My only cruise was on the Costa Mediteranea April 2-9. It was an amazing experience to see the color of the ocean--colors I've never seen before except in a picture. Now I know why the water in the attractions at Six Flags is that sickly blue color--they can't copy the ocean's color. It was fascinating to watch the docking at Jamaica where the captain (or whoever it was) turned the entire boat around!! I ate my meals in the restaurant where I was treated like a queen. The choices of foods were many and delectable. My only meal in the buffet area was upsetting because of the noisey people--it was very hard to eat in peace. Every person serving me was not only very professional but very personable--wish I could have taken them all home with me! I'm very sorry for those who became ill. Our group had 36 people and none of us had problems. I accompanied a handicapped person so we had handicap facilities--talk about room!! As for the temperature on the ship, I wore a sweater while indoors ALL THE TIME. The show on the first night was superb except for the allusions to private body parts. This guy crossed all language barriers with his mime. The music was too loud for me to witness anymore shows; however, I did watch the talent show on the TV. My internet use was an enjoyable experience when I finally learned how to use it. The ship was impeccably clean and I would cruise Costa again.