Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2004, 11:42 AM
barb0701

Default Question for past Atlantica cruisers

I am on deck 4 and noticed that the deck plans shows this deck as having no inside cabins, is this deck open to the atrium ? I'm in room 4160
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Question for past Atlantica cruisers

Im going on the same cruise you are so Im not much help. But I found this site so I hope its useful for you

http://cruisestateroom.ibelieveheis..../atlantica.htm
Old March 19th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Dave Rogers

I was on the Atlantica last week. I was in cabin 4106.

Sounds like you received an upgrade if you paid for an inside cabin. I also received a no cost cabin upgrade. Cabin 4160 is an outside cabin with a balcony. Nice cabin. The cabin by the hall way entrance from the central elevators near the atrium. The rooms are well insolated for noise and I did not hear anything during my cruise. The cabins open to a long hallway that does not open to the atrium. Check out this web page for a layout of deck 4 (Roma Deck): http://www.1-800-cruises.com/travel/cruises/deck_plan.do?ITINERARY_ID=821|17||
I had a wonderful cruise. The service was great and the entertainment was fun. Go to Toga night (last night of the cruise) and have some fun. The food is good but more designed for the European taste buds than American, but you can always find something good to eat. If you get something you do not like just ask for something else, they will bring it to you. We choose Costa because we wanted to sample food and culture we could not get at home.

Do not let all the negative posts make you question your choice of cruise line. I almost canceled my cruise on Costa by listening to reading Internet message boards. I am very glad I did not!! While everyone is entitled to their opinion, they are not entitled to spoil your cruise. My wife and I had a wonderful time. Both of you enjoy your cruise!! If you have any questions about the Atlantica or my cruise to the eastern Caribbean just ask.
Old March 20th, 2004, 08:59 AM
future costa/pblank

Gee, Dave Rogers is inside my mind. He writes my thoughts better than I do. So, I say Ditto to Dave, he is right on. Enjoy, ENJOY!! What can be wrong, a beautiful ship, wonderful crew, Sun, no snow, warm temps, reasonable cost, interesting people, hot coffee and a warm bed. Have a great trip.
Old March 22nd, 2004, 10:25 AM
barb0701

Thank you for your well wishes. I have a couple of days to go and I am off. I will definately make the best of things and I'm not worried about the food. I just want some relaxation !!!! I will let everyone know how it went for us on our Western Caribean cruise.