Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Carol Hamilton

Default Nov 28-Costa Atlantica

We sailed on The Atlantica--Western Caribbean.

Embarkation: Unbelievable...we arrived at cruise terminal about 1pm and 'sailed right through'. We were on Deck 8. Cabin was nice but the balcony was a bit small after our last 2 cruises on HAL. Our cabin steward was great. The food was very good and our waiters at dinner very good. We ate in main dining room for breakfast only once as out 'table mates' did not really want us there(not our usual dining companions) and the dining staff didn't seem to want us there either! The food was cold and the service was bad. We ate the rest of the week at the buffets and the food was great. Lunches were good with lots of variety. If you could not find you liked to eat on this ship you need to get a life!

Shore Excrusions: We chose on this cruise to golf only as we have done this itinerary before. The golf pro was wonderful. We had our own clubs and he even carried them off
the ship for us both in Cozumel and Jamaica. My husband has a bad hip and I 'don't carry clubs, I just hit'! We couldn't play in Grand Caymen because the course was devasted by the hurricane. The courses we played were great and it most enjoyable.

This was our second cruise on Costa (Romantica in 2000- same itinerary). It was most enjoyable. We celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary on board and we ate at the Club Atlantica that night. It was absolutely wonderful. The food was great. We had come from an anniversary party attended by the captain. They provided a glass of champagne for us as well as cake that they 'carved' into 2 hearts. ( I booked with a travel agent). The food was wonderful,the service was great and there was a piano player 'tinkling on the keys' in the background (we had the same at our 25th) so it was
an unforgettable evening. The next night in the main dining room they had another cake for us as we missed thr first one Dec 1!

We enjoy the European influence but not everyone does. We like late dining and the atmosphere of the general joy of life. The Euopreans have a great motto 'we work to live' which the North Americans should adopt and forget 'we live to work'. I've never seen so many d..n cell phones! They have become an extra appendage to people's bodies!

Overall, it was a great cruise. The weather was supberb,the crew was great,the food was good,the show were amazing.. We would definately sail Costa again but I just hope the Boss, CARNIVAL doesn't ruin it too.
Sponsored Links