Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2005, 08:21 PM
MATT P

Default COSTA ATLANTICA LEAVING ON FEB 27TH WESTERN CARIBBEAN(What e

I would like some info on what excursions to see and do.....Going to KEY WEST/COZUMEL/JAMAICA/GRAND CAYMEN....
Who's been? Any tips? Recommendations?
ALSO no one can tell me how much a beer is? (canadian/blue/bud/corona/Sol)
I would like anyones comments on this ship as well as must do's and don't
thanks matt from Toronto
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2005, 11:33 AM
RGL

Default Re: COSTA ATLANTICA LEAVING ON FEB 27TH WESTERN CARIBBEAN(Wh

Matt,

We were on the Atlantica in 2001 when it was new and we are sailing on it on March 27th in a Grand Suite. This will be our 4th time to the Western Caribbean.

In Key West, we normally just walk around and stop at Sloppy Joe's and/or the Hog's Breath Saloon. Key West doesn't have beaches and it is just a quaint town. The ship isn't there very long.

On Grand Cayman, we booked an excursion ourselves to go snorkeling at 3 stops including Stingray City. We are going on the Buccaneer, which also has a bar. We booked it through "www.grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com" and it is only $39 USD for the 3 hour trip. It includes snorkel equipment.

Whatever you do in Ocho Rios, go to Dunns River Falls if you haven't been there before. We have been on about 10 cruises and it is one of our favorite places. We booked the one thru the ship to include the swimming with dolphins. It is a little pricey but we made up for it with the deal we got on Grand Cayman.

I'm a beer drinker and I don't remember the exact cost on ships but it is not out of line. I think beers are around $3 to $3.50 USD plus a 15% tip. They will have specials from time-to-time and some ships have bucket ships. I'm not sure about Costa since it has been almost 4 years since we were on the Atlantica.

Have a great cruise and you'll love the ship! You're leaving this Sunday which means that we only have another 4 weeks after that.

Bob Lohr
Naperville, IL
Old February 27th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Rosemary Stone

Default Re: COSTA ATLANTICA LEAVING ON FEB 27TH WESTERN CARIBBEAN(Wh

We went and got tattoos at Paradise Tattoos. We had plenty of time to walk around and see bars and shops and the Hemmingway home. Take a taxi to Paradise Tatoo if you are into that. Look them up thru your search engine to get their hours. Most of all have fun.Oh there is a package store you can purchase beer at and nobody even cared when we brought it aboard. That is ifffy though and it might be confiscated,we tok our chances and it was ok. Have fun.