Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2005, 08:05 PM
Passenger

Default Mediterranea - April 10

We have met some wonderful people cruising on the Mediterranea - April 3 from the cruise board, but what about April 10. We will be on a back-to-back, any fellow cruisers on the April 10?
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Mediterranea - April 10

We will also be on the Apr 10 cruise. We've never been on Costa before, this is our 4th cruise, but are really looking forward to it. We love cruising! I'd do it more often if I didn't have to work. Enjoy youro week in the Western Caribbean. If you've never been to Mexico before, you'll enjoy it; otherwise, it hasn't changed in decades!!
Old February 28th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

have u been on costa prior to your btb cruise, i am thinking yes, have to be pretty gutsy to do a btb and never been on costa before, if u have feedback would be greatly appreciated, tammy and i will be on the apr 10, we are celebrating our 20th anniversary , figured we would do it up, staying in a suite, let us know

thanks,

dantam
Old March 3rd, 2005, 07:34 PM
mikes wifees husband

my wife and and i are also sailing on 4-10-05.we have been on royal carribean and carnival.how is costa?why is everybody writing such negative reviews about the costa mederranea.the price was right and we have a balcony.what could be wrong with that?we are celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary.really looking forward to it.
Old March 5th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Passenger

We have cruised all types of ships, large, medium, some with only 170 passengers (a true sailing ship). This will be our sixth cruise with Costa, we enjoy everything about this Cruise Line, maybe not the whiners, and, yes, they are many. I think it is like a virus, called "whine-itis" one person catches it and will pass it along.
The crew works long, hard hours, when (sorry to say) older Americans have sour faces and have nothing good to say about anything, it is not always easy for the crew to be smiling, would you be? Half the time we have more fun with the crew than the passengers, we learn so much about their countries and families, it is an education. BTW we are older Americans, frankly, you don't get much older than we!
We just flew first class to Las Vegas and back, they served us a box ($7.00 in coach) lunch both times. Nothing is perfect!
Concerning the food on Costa, eat Italian style, stay away from North American food such as Southwest dishes etc.. It took me one and half cruises to discover this, now I love the food. Not good for my diet!
People will also whine about the decor on the ship. When they make such remarks you know they have never been to Italy or for that matter never been to The Venetian or the Bellagio in Las Vegas. The new Costa ships are wonderful! See you on board.
R
Old March 6th, 2005, 06:13 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Mediterranea - April 10

Hello Rae:

Glad to see you posting again. Three weeks from today we`ll be boarding.

What inspired us to book Costa is that we wanted to tour Florida for three weeks. While searching for things to do, we discovered that you can cruise for one week, see Key West (one of the places we wanted to see) + three islands for less than the land cost of staying in Motels, renting a car and meals. It`s a pretty good deal.

M'y brother was on Costa Mediterranea last year. He prefers American/Canadian food to Italian. He spoke to the waiter and they gladly accomodated. He was quite impressed and highly recommended Costa.

We stayed at MGM Grand for 4 days two years ago. Couldn`t believe the wealth of the Bellagio. We saw Cirque du Soleil ``O``. It cost a little more than we like to spend for a night`s entertainment but, it was well worth it . I like to play $5.00 minimum black jack. One particular table I saw was a $4000.00 minimum. Needless to say I didn`t try my luck there. Jeannine made a small donations on the slot machines.

Still a bit on the cool side in Atlantic Canada.

Bill
Old March 6th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Mediterranea - April 10

Rae:

Jeannine just told me it's 4 weeks from today before we board. We leave home in 3 weeks time.

When the correspondance is in English, I write. When in French, she takes over. She makes less mistakes than I do.

Bill
Old March 8th, 2005, 10:04 PM
mikes wifees husband

we are also sailing on the april 10 cruise.our first costa cruise.we will be celebrating our 6th anniversery and birthday.should be nice we have a balcony.we canot wait.it cant be as bad as my first carnival cruise with a bunch of drunken 18 year olds roaming the ship.carnival did not care either.
Old March 9th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

we too are sailing on 10 apr, will be celebrating 20th anniversary, never had a honeymoon, guess this is it, had a hard choice to make, my birthday is the 17th when we get back, i wanted to leave that day, but the wife had other ideas, celebrate anniversary on board, rather then my birthday, she won, see ya all in about a month from today

danny tammy

dantam
Old March 9th, 2005, 09:25 PM
mikes wifee

We will be on the ship! We have a balcony stateroom and we are looking forward to the cruise. Mike and Carolyn Bailey
Old March 12th, 2005, 07:02 PM
mikes wifee

Does anyone know about the Vampire Gaming Convention happening on this cruise? Is it related to the 'Buffy' the tv program or what? Just curious?

Another question....explain Toga night?

Thank you.....Mikes wifee
Old March 22nd, 2005, 03:07 PM
Misty

Hi. I just came off the March 13-20 cruise. I wanted to go on the April 10 one but I have to work. Could someone do a favor for me please. It's very simple. When you get on the ship and are going to go to dinner in the dinning hall please stop by table 48 on deck 2 (it's in the far back on the left hand side) and give a message to the waiter by the name of Michael. Please tell him to email Misty Trucks at mtrucks@hotmail.com (or call) he will know who you are talking about. If he doesn't know off hand just tell him the one in the blue toga. I was unable to say good bye to him I also wanted to sed him the picture of all of us.

If you don't have an assigned table yet then I would recommend table 48 were your head waiter is Joseph and his assistant waiter is Micheal. You will have a great time at any meal if they are you waiters.

If someone could do this for me that would be great. I have been looking on the net trying to find away to contact him. Thank you. If you can do this for me then please reply to this message. Thank you again.
Old March 22nd, 2005, 04:14 PM
Misty

Toga night is were you dress up in a Roman toga (a sheet) you can bring your own (I did) or just use the ones they give you. Toga night is a lot of fun. Make sure you a camra. It's your last night there.
Old March 23rd, 2005, 07:47 PM
Welcome Newcomer

dantam WE will be celebrating one birthday and one anniversary.After we get back we celebrate my 55th birhday.anyone else on the cruise 55?I am happy to be 55.glad I made it this far.lol mikes wifees husband
Old March 26th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

we r celebrating 20th anni, my birthday is on the 17th, the day we get back, will be 51yrs old, i will have a big breakfast that morning.
Old March 27th, 2005, 11:07 PM
Tootsie

We will be sailing on the April 10th Mediterranea. We sailed on her last year and had a great time. We are sailing with a group of tapdancers who will be having dance workshops and an exhibition one afternoon. Watch for the announcement in the daily activity sheets.