Just disembarked from the Costa Magica in Savona. To all of those who have future Costa cruise......DO NOT WORRY!
Overall the Costa Cruise was fabulous. I was with a group of six (four from NYC and two of us from Boise). Overall, we had a great time and very few complaints
1) We all had a grand suite so embarkation was not an issue. We did breakfast in the cabin each morning and it was great
2) Cabin was beautiful and perfect.
3) Food was just ok. Some nights were very good, others were fair. The pasta was always good and the meat was always fair. Soups and salads are good and desserts were fair. Buffet was poor. Lunch was very good
4) Ports were great. Tunis and Malta were a very big hit with everyone. The only bad port was Katakolon. Nothing to do.
5) Ship itself was beautiful, clean and the staff was very nice and helpful.
Overall, good cruise. Feel free to email me with any questions. Be sure, if you are prone to seasickness to get the patch. Both myself and my partner were seasick a few times.
i would like to ask u a quick question, was boarding the ship as easy as people say, you had a suite, so u had priority boarding, question: is there a v.i.p. lounge once u board the ship, and do they offer complimentary beverages, ie wine, beer or drinks, just curious, send feed back if u will, we are sailing on the 10th of april on costa med, to the easteren carrib, thanks for the input. by the was i was born in nyc, left in 83, lived in fla since leaving there, my wife is from iowa, we went to ny for the 100 yr party for the statue of liberty, she said never again, had her there 3 times after that, just too many darn people there the weekend we deciced to see miss liberty lol, well thanks again and have a nice summer.
boarding the ship was very easy. You do not have to wait at all. We arrived at 11:30 and received our emarkation number which was 13. You then take it up to the desk and tell them you have a suite and they will give you number one! You will then be the first on the boat.