Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2005, 03:05 PM
menefee

Default Costa Atlantica

Just came back from Atlantica Western Caribbean cruise. Loved it. I have cruised with Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Holland America and Celebrity and was very skeptical about this one. The sauna/spa is state of the art. As a matter of fact, there were many of us who skipped the in-room shower to use the 5-head showers, steam showers and dry sauna. The service was excellent. If you are accustomed to true Italian food, this is the cruise for you. Italian desserts do not contain alot of sugar so if you are addicted to sugar (like I am), invest in a box of Little Debbie snacks (even though the Duty-free shop sells cookies). Since this is an Italian line, the managing personnel are mainly Italian. They do try to cater to everyone elses particular culturisms, though (Mass was spoken in five languages). All in all, if you want great Italian food, plenty of Italian and European culture, and a wonderful time, Costa is the ship for you.
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2005, 03:59 PM
kkc

Default Re: Costa Atlantica

I agree with you on all the points that you brought up. I sailed this same cruise itinerary in February and I loved it. I booked this cruise because it was an Italian line and advertised the Italian flavor. I have lived in Italy and this was a nice taste on of the country I love without the hassles of living there. No hassles on this cruise though. It has been 6 weeks since I disembarked and I am still reading this message board...I do not want the cruise memories to end!!! The week my wife and I spent with Costa was a wonderful experience and to those who complained about the cruise for whatever reason, please go elsewhere on your next vacation 'cause I'll be back with Costa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 20th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are wanting to sail the Atlantica again, but according to any info I could dig up, it's staying in Europe next winter. Anyone know anything more?
Old March 21st, 2005, 12:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

you will have to sail on the med, same ship different name
Old March 21st, 2005, 05:21 PM
m sebas

Default Re: Re: Costa Atlantica

E-mailed Costa Cruises Italy directly, The Atlantica is staying in Europe because they plan to bring The Magica here. And the bad news is that they March 20 2006 sailing is already SOLD OUT. Cyndi, what are we to do now......I quess the Med will have to do, because the late March sailing will not fit my son's spring break schedual.

P.S. I quess Cyndi we will see eachother on the Med. I will e-mail you the pictures soon.
Old March 21st, 2005, 07:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Costa Atlantica

Oh, Dear! Well, I can handle the Med. It's exactly like the Atlantica. I will have to break the news to Ken! What week will you go, then?
Old March 21st, 2005, 08:36 PM
m sebas

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Costa Atlantica

Cyndi my son's spring break always falls on the last week end of Fen and the first full week of March. I have been opn the Med but I like the Atlantica better. The Maitre D Salvatore is on the Atlantica and we just love him..........oh well what are we to do?

Ps anyone out there that want to go on the last week of Feb 2006 should put their names on a list because a group always gets best rates plus free upgrades....So Cyndi you work Ontario and I will work Quebec.....
TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA
Old March 22nd, 2005, 06:49 AM
Beginner

3 of us are just back from the western Caribbean cruise. What a great time we had. Being semi-able I was fearful that it would be a chore but my electric scooter was totally able to go (almost) everywhere in the ship and the crew is the most happy, helpful, polite, fun bunch of people you could hope to find. The FOOD - non-stop, superb, beautifully presented and ever -present - you could NOT go hungry if you tried! We enjoyed the trips off ship too and again the ever-helpful crew made sure I got off and onto the ship successfully and safely every time. The medical services on board are expert and charming. Indeed EVERYONE on the ship's staff is charming. We could not imagine a better holiday and will be booking another Atlantica cruise very soon. A HUGE THANKS GOES TO THE CAPTAIN AND HIS WONDERFUL CREW.
Gary and Sheila Gower and Sue Hyatt.
Old March 22nd, 2005, 07:27 PM
mikee

Default Re: Re: Costa Atlantica

the magica is taking its place in the carribean next winter.new ship i think.mikes wifees husband
Old March 24th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

Will the same staff be on the Atlantica in Northern Europe? Does anyone know anything about the Baltic cruise, I'm going for my honeymoon. Is the Atlantica a cheesy looking ship? I've heard mixed reviews about the food, but everyone from the recent cruise seems to like it but Matt.