Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2005, 06:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Back to Costa Atlantica

We sailed on the Atlantica last March to the Western Carib. It was our 3rd cruise. We loved our cabin, the ship's decor and cleanliness, the service from the staff, the activities and the food choices. We would have booked right there on board for winter of 2006, but we were told that Atlantica was staying in Europe. Magica and Mediterranea would come instead. We weren't crazy about any of their itineraries. We did email our TA and told her what itinerary we wanted, and what time of year. We also wanted to try something other than Sunquest. We just put it on the back burner until the travel shows and cruise sites had their 2006 offerings. Then, a week ago our travel agent called and said that the Transit Holidays rep had just been in with a flyer for Atlantica. She faxed it to us, we loved the itinerary so we went in and booked this week. for end of Feb 2006. We had a balcony for the first time last year, and they were offering same size cabin with a bit larger balcony, so we jumped at that. There were 2 of those left and we got one of them. We plunked our deposit down and are looking forward to our winter holiday. This isn't even on the Costa site yet. It was hot off the press. La Romana, Catalina Is., Tortola, St Lucia, Pointe a Pitre, Antigua, St Maarten and back to La Romana. There were lots of Oceanview with verandah left. Might see some of you there, next year.
Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2005, 10:12 PM
Mario sebastiani

Default Re: Back to Costa Atlantica

Hi there Cyndi, I have been getting so many different stories from just about everywhere. I really do not know what to believe anymore. We are going Costa this Feb 2006 but most likely on the Magica. I have seen a slide show of about 60 pictures and the ship is simply stunning to say the least. From what I could gather the Atlantica is staying in Europe and the Med and the Magica are coming south.

We will have to wait and see which Cruise site has the right info. The best rates were obtained from ***edited to delete commercical reference*** . We have seen the Cruise Director from the Atlantica Max with his wife here in Montreal, as you know he is a native Montrealer. Cyndi what is strange is that the Costa website has only the Med and Magica confirmed but at the sametime the Spring/Summer schedule for the Atlantica is missing. Lets try to solve this mystery and hope to see you on the Mgica.......
Old June 24th, 2005, 08:14 AM
gfb

Default Re: Re: Back to Costa Atlantica

I checked Costa Italian website, and Atlantica is to have transatlantic leaving savona on 04/12 and arriving in Guadalupe on 16/12.

I believe that Atlantica will cruise frol La Romana as Romatica did this year, but this itinerary is usually advertised in Europe more than USA, as the itinerary does not touch any US Port.
Old June 25th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Back to Costa Atlantica

Hi Mario! Wonderful to hear from you! I remember Max telling us all that he was going back to Montreal to get married this summer. How did you meet up with him? We wouldn't mind being on any Costa ship this coming winter . We enjoyed our trip with them so much. I have also been checking out the Costa US site for information about the Atlantica coming to this side of the big pond, and like you, saw nothing. However, we sat with our TA and booked our cabins on the Atlantica as listed above. I wil keep you posted. Our company picnic is today, and the theme is Pirates of the Caribbean - so I have to run out and find some eye patches and a couple of parrots to wear with our caribbean purchased shirts! Take care!
Old June 27th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Mario sebastiani

Hi Cyndi I saw Max at our local mall with his wife. They were walking hand in hand and looked very happy together. The Port of Calls that the Atlantica will visit are very interesting but because we have sailed on both the Atlantica and the Med and the fact that they are sister ships, sailing the same ship 3 times is not an option. We would rather sail a new ship on the same route as last year. I know you will have a blast because the Atlantica so far has been the best Costa ship we have been on.

By the way it was 39 degrees celsius in Montreal today and with the humidex factor it registered 47 degrees, probably hotter than any other southern destination. Wow was it hot or what.....talk to you soon and keep us informed......!
Old June 28th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi, Mario! Well, I can't wait for your review of the Magica because you were dead on with your advice on the Atlantica. Sooner or later we will end up on the same ship some winter. Just remember how cold it was when we have travelled to the Carib before! It's hot here in London, but I think not nearly as hot as Montreal! Keep cool and give our best to Mrs. Mario! Keep in touch. Toga Toga!