Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 23rd, 2005, 07:10 PM
Neelie

Default Costa cruises

We are booked on the Victoria on 3rd October from Venice - first time on a Costa cruise. I'm bemused by the 'toga' or 'Roman' evening. What do people wear? Is it just a bedsheet or has anyone got any better suggestions. Does everyone take part?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Betty B

Default Re: Costa cruises

Sheets with appropriate cuts and instructions are left in each state room. You can wear as much or as little clothing underneath as you wish. You should also feel free to adorn the "toga" any way you wish. Just make sure it won't fall off. Have a good time.
Old August 28th, 2005, 07:53 AM
C.A.

Just curious..when did you receive info about your "theme nights?" We booked a few weeks ago for the spring and haven't received any info from Costa. Thanks!
Old August 29th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Neelie

Hi there, I haven't received any information from Costa direct, only the cruise booking form. In the back of the Costa brochure under "What to Pack", it says "There wil be 1-3 formal/gala evenings depending on the itinerary and length of cruise. On most cruises there are theme nights and a Roman evening so you may wish to pack appropriate items". They also have a web site: www.costacruises.co.uk. I will let you know more when we get back!
Old August 29th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Neelie

Default Re: Re: Costa cruises

Dear Betty,
Haha, thank you very much. I will take a supply of pins with me and try and think of some adornments.
Old August 29th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Admiral

I've heard some folks pack their own togas from home, with Halloween so close it's a option if you want something more fancy I suppose, or just bring a lot of gold jewelry and cute sandals to dress it up! Also toga party is held on the last sea day of the cruise.
Old August 30th, 2005, 06:19 AM
Frank Sap

Hi,

I have been on several Costa cruises in the Med and never had any toga or Roman party...
last time was the Fortuna over new year 2005 and next is the Classica in October from Venice

Frank
Old September 2nd, 2005, 07:38 PM
Neelie

Thanks. I'm not sure if I'll bring my toga from home as it's about 2000 years old and I don't want to wear that old thing again! However, Frank is now making me wonder if there will even be a Roman evening on the cruise. Whatever the case, I'm getting excited now - only four weeks to go.
Old September 4th, 2005, 10:42 AM
ray1264

I went Costa (Merditerrania) out of Venice in July. There are no Toga nights, trust me.
Old September 4th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Admiral

Oh might just be the Carribean cruises. Call Costa and ask.
Old December 31st, 2005, 10:19 AM
Passenger

The Toga nite is great I would say 80% go along, some are very creative,You laugh for a long time dress up and enjoy it.
Old March 11th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

We had a Toga Party on our cruise. Maybe 25% of the ship dressed for it. Those that dressed had much more fun than those that didn't.
Our Toga Night entertainment was not as good as I might have hoped for. I think the staff was just tired and couldn't give it their all.
Old March 13th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Passenger

Caribbean Islands Travel Guide
Old May 4th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Passenger

More baqd information from someone who has never researched Costa. Only in the caribbrean do they do the Toga night. Never in Europe. Do join in, go to JoAnns and pick up some green ivy etc. gold braid, to do yourselves up Roman, it is the last night of your cruise so you dont have to think about whats clean for dinner
Old June 22nd, 2006, 03:12 PM
Familiar Face

Hi,

I have taken 2 caribbean Costa Cruises and found that a good amount of people-may75%? joined in the Toga party at dinner. I took some colored scarves and added them to my sheet with twists and turns I had quite the get up. I brought some appropriate costume jewelry to add and felt like I stepped out of Caesar's court! I was travelling alone on the cruise and a handsome man stopped at my dinner table( I was seated alone at a duece)-he did the one knee-to-the-ground-arm-aross-the-chest-hail-Caesar salute and I had a dancing partner for the evening! Too bad they do that on the last night, I might have been dancing the whole week!
TFD
Old June 29th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

wife and i went last year, had a ball, by the time the food and liquid libations were gone my toga had turned into a diaper, as others have stated it is a real blast, and yes about 80% do get into it, oh yeah make sure that u have under garments, i didn't think fruit of the loom was availabel back in the day