Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2005, 02:05 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to juls
Default ex crew member can tell you all!!!

Hi, I am new to this site. Happy, happy Xmas to all of you and the very best in 2006! I am an ex crew member on cruises, Costa in particular. If you want any imfo on cruising, and what to expect from cruising, and Costa lines, then contact me. I will tel you. as it is, with no colourful pictures, the truth, and the truth only. To be honest with you, I have worked for a few companies, but, Costa was the happiest time of my career and the most proffessional of ships. I wish that you all enjoy your holiday with Costa, and tell me all when you return. Would anybody who is sailing with Costa soon please contact me, as I would like to pass on a message to my ex colleagues, one in particular, who I would like to contact again. All the best. Juls
Old December 29th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Beginner

Dear Juls,

I am planning on going on the Magica on the 22 of Jan. I will deliver a message for you if you like. It is my first cruise, so any and all of your suggestions are needed and welcome, espically all the hidden charges. I cant seem to get an answer if room service is free or not. Also where do they hide the menus? Any favorite not so tourist places to go eat or shop while at the ports? I am doing the Eastern route.

Thanks for all the help, just send insturctions on any correspondence you would like for me to deliver.

Maureen
Old January 13th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Beginner

Hi,
I will be cruising on April 19 on Europa and would be happy to deliver message for you if that is the same one. Rebecca
Old January 14th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: ex crew member can tell you all!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juls
To be honest with you, I have worked for a few companies, but, Costa was the happiest time of my career and the most proffessional of ships.
And what other cruise lines have you worked for? I have worked for 3 others myself.
Old January 24th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Beginner

Default Costa Cruise Western Caribbean

Rethinking my plans. Are most of the destinations still a mess after the hurricanes of 2005? Does the Magica dock or tender for the Western Caribbean trip?
Old February 8th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Beginner

Default Re: ex crew member can tell you all!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juls
Hi, I am new to this site. Happy, happy Xmas to all of you and the very best in 2006! I am an ex crew member on cruises, Costa in particular. If you want any imfo on cruising, and what to expect from cruising, and Costa lines, then contact me. I will tel you. as it is, with no colourful pictures, the truth, and the truth only. To be honest with you, I have worked for a few companies, but, Costa was the happiest time of my career and the most proffessional of ships. I wish that you all enjoy your holiday with Costa, and tell me all when you return. Would anybody who is sailing with Costa soon please contact me, as I would like to pass on a message to my ex colleagues, one in particular, who I would like to contact again. All the best. Juls
Hi Juls
I am booked on a back to back Caribbean cruise and I have read some really bad reviews re this ship. Help!!! Are the reviews as bad as they sound?[/code]
Old February 21st, 2006, 10:17 AM
Beginner

Default Costa Mediterrenea

I'd love to hear about this ship. We're staying in a panoramic suite and have not been able to find too much information. Also, I'd be happy to pass a message for you.
Old February 21st, 2006, 07:31 PM
Beginner

i stayed in a ps last april for my honeymoon. what would you like to know.
Old February 21st, 2006, 09:21 PM
Beginner

Hi Juls
We are leaving Savona on May 2 on Costa Mediterranea, any tips on what to do in Corfu? What shops are on board - is there a duty-free liquor store, and can the liquor be available while on board?
Look forward to any info on this cruise.
DM
Old February 27th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Beginner

hi,
im leaving this sunday for a western carib cruise. its my girlfriend and i's first cruise and we could use any tips or info you would be willing to give us. its a seven day cruise and we are looking to have as much fun for as cheap as possible. is there any way in the world we can get alcohol on board besides paying for drinks at the bars/restaurants? is it better to do the excursions offered independently onshore rather than through the boat? once again, any info would be GREATLY appreciated. please let me know- thanks alot!
Dante

dantethedon@gmail.com
Old April 10th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Passenger

hello juls, nice to see your posting... how thoughtful of you to offer help! before i ask you anything please do tell me whom i should greet for you on board. my question ... should i be concerned about our last-minute, last costa magica cabin available for easter sailing on giotto deck in the next-to-last veranda cabin away from what's looking like a pool deck? my 78-year old mom, husband and i are looking forward to the cruise, but i'm concerned we'll never get any rest in this location. hey - any hints re: must-do's onboard or in roatan or cozumel? and is there a way to find out the cruise director's name and email before we go? thanks for anything you can offer. blessings! rosemary
Old November 19th, 2006, 03:50 AM
Beginner

Do you know anything about the Magica? We are sailing on the christmas cruise. What kind of television is available in the staterooms? Any US stations? Like TNT or USA or NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN? Thanks for your help.

We have cruised 5 other times but all were with carnival cruise lines.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Debbie
Old April 1st, 2007, 08:49 PM
Beginner

HI WE ARE GOING ON THE COSTA MED. ON APRIL 8, AND WOULD BE GLAD TO PASS ALONG A MESSAGE TO YOUR FRIENDS. TELL ME IS IT POSSIBLE TO BRING WATER BOTTLES ON BOARD IN MY LUGGAGE AND KEEP THEM IN THE MINI BAR? APPRECIATE ANY TIPS, THANKS BRIDGET.
Old April 1st, 2007, 10:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kristina99 Send a message via MSN to Kristina99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget
TELL ME IS IT POSSIBLE TO BRING WATER BOTTLES ON BOARD IN MY LUGGAGE AND KEEP THEM IN THE MINI BAR? APPRECIATE ANY TIPS, THANKS BRIDGET.
We brought several bottles of water onboard with us without a problem. Dont bring too many, you can just refill them with the water that is available in the buffet area (unless you need to be drinking bottled water).

Booked Cruises
NCL Dawn 6/21/06 Bermuda

Past Cruises
10/30/08 X Constellation Caribbean
Costa Fortuna 3/08 Eastern Caribbean
Costa Magica 2/07 Western Caribbean
HAL Noordam 11/06 Eastern Caribbean
X Zenith 6/06 Bermuda
HAL Zuiderdam 5/05 Western Caribbean
HAL Maasdam 6/04 Canada/New England
CCL Triumph 12/03 Western Caribbean
CCL Victory 11/02 Eastern Caribbean

Old April 6th, 2007, 04:25 AM
Beginner

hi again, I am leaving this Sunday on Meditreannea and was also wondering if we will able to bring any wine or beer in our luggage, I only drink a spumante wine which isn't usually available, if I have to I will just go without, thanks ahead for any help, Bridget
Old April 8th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kristina99 Send a message via MSN to Kristina99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget
hi again, I am leaving this Sunday on Meditreannea and was also wondering if we will able to bring any wine or beer in our luggage, I only drink a spumante wine which isn't usually available, if I have to I will just go without, thanks ahead for any help, Bridget
You will be able to bring wine and beer onboard. Just make sure to wrap it up so it doesnt break...the baggage handlers are known to throw your luggae around. Enjoy your cruise!

Booked Cruises
NCL Dawn 6/21/06 Bermuda

Past Cruises
10/30/08 X Constellation Caribbean
Costa Fortuna 3/08 Eastern Caribbean
Costa Magica 2/07 Western Caribbean
HAL Noordam 11/06 Eastern Caribbean
X Zenith 6/06 Bermuda
HAL Zuiderdam 5/05 Western Caribbean
HAL Maasdam 6/04 Canada/New England
CCL Triumph 12/03 Western Caribbean
CCL Victory 11/02 Eastern Caribbean

Old June 29th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Beginner

Default worried about noise

It´s my first time in cruises. I'm brazilian and I"d like to know about the noise in back cabins. - engine noise or someting. It's that true?
Thanks
Old September 3rd, 2007, 01:43 AM
Beginner

Enjoy your cruise!
Old April 2nd, 2008, 08:36 AM
Beginner

Default can tell all?

How would I get in contact with a costa cruise director.
e-mail would be easier...
mailing address of any kind would be next easiest....
then a phone number (long distance and $)