Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 10th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to mommaroach
Default Costa Atlantica-Southern Caribbean??

Hi, just joined this forum..looking at our first cruise. We were planning a trip to La Romana DR and found out Costa Cruise Lines offers a week long cruise in conjuction with a land holiday. Sounds great!!..but..most reviews I have found and read aren't current..and seem to be Western Caribbean cruises on this ship?? I'm confused..
Has anyone here travelled on the Atlantica leaving from La Romana ??
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks..mommaroach
Sponsored Links
Old December 10th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi! We have left on the Atlantica from La Romana twice. We flew direct from Pearson in good time, were whisked from the plane right to the ship in about 20 minutes. We were in our cabin in about half an hour, both times. First time we left at the crack of dawn on a Sunday, I think. Second, we went on a Monday at noon and were in our cabin by 5. We are sailing with Costa again this winter on the Mediterranea out of Ft Lauderdale. I know that instead of going right from the plane to a bus, as we did at La Romana, we will have to go through the US airport etc. then to the bus, then to the ship. Our preference is definately meeting the ship at an island. We just werent able to do that this time. You will enjoy your itinerary and the ship. We certainly did. We did the Western route before hurricanes devastated Cozumel. We have also done East and South. And we are coming back for more! Have a blast!
2005 Atlantica
2006 Atlantica
2007 Mediterranea
Old December 31st, 2006, 09:33 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to barman

hi there . me and my wife are going to la romana
on the 15 january .it,s our first cruise and we hope were not going to be desapointed ,
if someone is going on that date and would like to meet nice people please contact us ..
darleend2@excite.com
Old December 31st, 2006, 06:27 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to mommaroach

Hi , my husband and I are also on the Costa Atlantica leaving from La Romana on the 15th of January. and would like to meet up.
Are you flying from Montreal or Toronto? We are flying out of TO.

I'll try sending you an email as well.

Carolyn & Ted
Old January 1st, 2007, 10:16 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to barman

hi . were flying from montreal airport.
and we are counting the hours lollll
it,s our first vacation in 30 years and first cruise ever.
vito&debbie
Old October 19th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Drewt Send a message via Yahoo to Drewt

Have any of you written reivews on your experience with this ship? We are taking the same ship out of La Romana in March 08 and we would like to know how your vacation ended up. We are also trying to find out if the balconies on this ship open up between cabins. We are cruising with relatives next door and are hoping that the dividers can be opened.
Old October 30th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Passenger

Hi Just came back from Med cruise on the Atlantica. The dividers between the balconys on certain cabin numbers ( ie cabins that also have adjoining doors inside) can de opened. We were actually in such a cabin.
Have fun.
Old December 12th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Beginner

I have just booked on the southern carrabiean cruise leaving on Jan 26th, out of Toronto. I am a little worried after reading all of the comments that there will not be many english speaking people on the ship. My husband and I did a Mediteranean curise on the Costa Magica a few years ago, and I really dont remember there being any huge langue barriers.
Also does any one know how many formal night there are on this cruise?

Ktown
Old December 12th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Passenger

Hi there,

We were on a cruise in the med so logically there were a lot of different european languages. But I guess for the caribean there will probably be more english speking people.
Formail nights I think about three but lots of fotographs and expensive. Be choosy what you buy. They fotograph you doing just about everything haha.

Penny
Old December 12th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Drewt Send a message via Yahoo to Drewt
Default formal nights

Are you cruising out of La Romana? Im not sure how long you are cruising for but if its one week, its two formal nights if its 10 days or longer its 3 formal nights. Don't worry about the lack of English. The staff will all speak English, but most of the passengers will be French or German. Costa will try to make sure you sit with English speaking people at dinner but quite often they sit all Canadians together and most of the Canadians on these Costa cruises are french speaking. If that happens, just ask to be moved. You'll have a wonderful time.
Grand Princess March 2009

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews