Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 24th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Beginner

Default Costa Concordia

I will be taking a cruise on the Concordia next October. Has anyone sailed this ship yet?
Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2007, 02:53 PM
Passenger

One of my customers is sailing on 01/18/07 and I will post his feedback.
Old March 4th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Beginner

I've just finished reading a bunch of really bad reviews for this cruise. In fact, only one was good. I leave on the 13th of this month for the 11 day cruise. I've only been on one other cruise which was Olympia, a greek cruise and much smaller ship. I had a great time. I was 7 months pregnant at the time and had my 2 and 4 year old with me. This time i'm going with my sister and best friend and bringing my 2 year old daughter. I'm so hoping that this cruise is much better than what i've read so far. My sister picked it and obviously didn't read the reviews first.

wondering if Shura has found out any det's yet from the customer who sailed in January?
Old March 4th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Passenger

Yes, my customers, a couple of US seniors, liked it, just like all of their previous Costa cruises. They are my regulars, cruised also Celebrity, Princess, Regent, Uniworld, MSC, and rate Costa among the best. The ships are clean and beautiful, service and entertainment good, and food is on par with other mass market cruise lines if not better. I think complaints you read are mostly not about Costa being bad, but different from US customers oriented cruise lines, and people were not expecting this. I.e., English is not the first language used for announcements, and hamburgers are not served by pool side. If you can live with that, and I think you do especially that you live in Europe, then you will have a great cruise. Hope to hear from you after you're back.
Old June 18th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Beginner

Does anyone know if the Costa Condordia has a self-service laundry?

Thanks.
Old November 29th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Passenger

My husband and I just got off the Concordia that traveled to the western Med. We had a great time. The ship and staff are very clean and efficient. The food was consistantly good. You do have to realize that it is mainly Europeans traveling Costa. They do smoke more than Americans. I highly reccomend Costa's Concordia Ship.
Old November 29th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Beginner

I took a cruise on this ship in July in the Mediterranean with a group of 19 (all family). We had a great time.

Although it was different from the typical US cruise, the difference made it interesting. English is not the only (or even the main) language. But that was not a problem (I speak only English). Each "language" has its own "host" who meets with you. Group activities are done mutilungually, with English being one of the languages.

It was fun being immersed in different cultures. Although a few people were rude (cutting in line, etc.) most were not.

Our ship we full, but it never felt overcrowded. They have plenty of space to accomodate everyone.

One thing that was a slight negative was that the cabins are a little smaller than the other ships I've been on. We knoew that going in however, so it was not a surprise.

Overall, I give the Costa Concordia high marks and would do the trip again if I had the chance.
Old February 1st, 2008, 04:29 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to dee_anne_lee

I sailed on the Concordia in January of 2007 and it was fantastic. The crew are polite and courteous, the food is good. The main dining room is the best, the breakfast and lunch are just as elaborate an affair as dinner.

There is no self-service laundry aboard the ship, take your own laundry detergent, so that you can at least wash underwear and socks in the sink. Take extra clothes, so that you hopefully won't have to use the laundry service. Remember that this is in Europe, so EVERYTHING is charged in Euros. My husband and I sucked it up and paid to have the laundry that we needed done, and I attempted to wash the rest in the sink. NOT SO PLEASANT!!! I really recommend taking extra clothes just in case.

Other than that, we had a fantastic time. I would book on the Concordia again, having gone on a Carnival cruise two weeks ago and not liking it.

Dee