Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Beginner

Default Back from Costa Meditterranea New Year cruise

I am back from the Costa Meditterranea New Year cruise and I have to tell you it was fabuloso!
But let me start from where I was suppose to.
Papers for the cruise arrived about 2 weeks prior to departure.
We bought our own plane tickets to Ft.Lauderdale by Southwest and for the second time – we loved it again! Our group consisted of 55 people and all who flew by US Airways and Airtran were late and otherwise unhappy! We were HAPPY ones!
HOORAY to Southwest!!!!!!!!1

Well, custom and all was a breeze. We filled luggage with all types of booze we wanted and we had saved a lot by doing this.

The ship is awesome, clean, pretty and rooms are - balconies everywhere and huge!
We had 3 people in ours but even rooms for 2 people had pull out sofas. Just to sit on it. Very spacious rooms! We occupied 6235,6241 and 6241 and 6247.
I agree with everyone who said if you had gotten balconies – you will never go back to without no matter how much more it will cost you.

I think ship had about 10% of US citizens. Italians prevailed – I think I can hear Italian still. French, Germans, Belgium – people from everywhere came to celebrate New 2008 Year! And they had done a right thing.

First day I had no place to sit at the restaurant but matter was resolved. First day food at the restaurant was awful but it was a very busy day! On the second day everything went great to the last day!

I would cruise with Costa IF I ever cruised again. Unfortunately we all realized that we love to BE at the Islands more then 5 hours and we think we are done with the cruising period but who knows? I said the same thing after first one.

Ask away if you have any questions - teqtaq@att.net
Sponsored Links