Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Beginner

Default Costa Fortune, Unfriendly to Americans

Attached while on a Costa fortuna sponsered excursion. Tour manager would not even meet with us. You caught a fish, the rest does not matter. food was horrible, cold and served left overs, The ship smelled like raw sewerage. Toilets overflowed, no air conditioning. They had no customer service to hera or listen to your complaints. warning, do not use Costa Lines. They stink...literally!
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2008, 03:21 AM
Beginner

[edited personal attack]

My wife and I just returned from Costa Fortuna Caribbean cruise to Cozumel, Ocho Rios, Cayman and Grand Turks. I just want to say that there was immaculate accomadations, clean rooms, carpets, the food was varied and plentiful, the cruise staff was courteous and energetic the club night life was varied and suited the needs of all ages in different lounges whatever you wanted to enjoy you had. The entertainers were amazingly talented, the shows varied and exciting with a quality just like vegas and New York Theatre, and the staff was at our disposal 24/7. I dont know what cruise you went on and where but the staff is the same all the time and we were amazed at the accomations and pleasant ness of the restaurant staff for Breakfast, Lunch and dinner. Our only complaint was that we didnt have enough energy to keep up with the schedule of never ending places to go and things to see on or off board. Definitely recommend this cruise ship to anyone wanting to feel like royalty. As far as them not liking Americans thats not ttrue. In fact every announcement was spoken in English, Spanish, French and German. The staff was well groomed, the restrooms were impecably maintained.
Old February 25th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Captain

I have been back a week from a wonderful cruise on the Fortuna to the Eastern Caribbean and could not have been happier with the cruise. Yes there were many Europeans onboard our sailing but we enjoyed visiting with them. They were mostly friendly and those who we felt were not probably didn't speak english so they didn't know what we were saying to them. We had a few bumps but nothing that was not fixed to our satisfaction. We enjoyed all the dancing even if we only watched. This cruise line knows how to entertain everyone. Our group of 60 had a great time and we all enjoyed the food offered. I guess maybe we are easily pleased and can have a good time no matter what comes at us.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 1st, 2008, 10:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith
Default Re: Costa Fortune, Unfriendly to Americans

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwrecked
Attached while on a Costa fortuna sponsered excursion. Tour manager would not even meet with us. You caught a fish, the rest does not matter. food was horrible, cold and served left overs, The ship smelled like raw sewerage. Toilets overflowed, no air conditioning. They had no customer service to hera or listen to your complaints. warning, do not use Costa Lines. They stink...literally!

what were you ATTACHED to while on the Costa FORTUNE?

Captain
Old March 8th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Passenger

We got attached on our last Costa cruise, to the Grand Ballroom. Being ballroom dancers, it was really hard to leave the Grand Ballroom each evening. We are taking our 3rd Costa cruise in a few weeks and really enjoyed the first two. Their approach is a bit differnet and we like most of what they do differently.
Old March 9th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I think it is important to go on any cruise with the idwea that you will not let a staff person ruin it for you. It has happened to me, so I know, but that is still the best advice.

If the staff was rude to you on Costa they have no excuse. You should be treated like anyone else. And not to have anyone to complain to is also frustrating.

We suggest people should get the name of a rude crewmember and write a note to the hotel manager. Turn it in to the front desk i9n an envelope saying "to: hotel manager" with your cabin number inside. He will get the message and so will the crewmember.

As far as "stink" goes, a lot of ships "stink" at times, just like hotels and school cafeterias do.