CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Costa (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/costa/)
-   -   We're back!! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/costa/346890-were-back.html)

travelgalSue February 18th, 2008 10:42 AM

We're back!!
 
Got back last night from a wonderful cruise on the Fortuna. My group of 60 had a great time, with lots of sunshine, great food, and entertainment. Only a few minor problems, mostly with the guest service desk, but overall we loved it. Just hated to have to come back to cold weather but I just have to remember how warm I was last week.

suesings February 18th, 2008 10:51 AM

So glad you had fun. I'd love to hear all about it! Please post a review.

Paul Motter March 10th, 2008 01:48 PM

I visited Fortuna overnight a few months ago. Essentialy a Carnival Conquest-class ship, she is toined down in decor (very classy, actually, for a farcus ship).

In thinking: Costa is probably an excellent choice for a US group cruise because the prices are very reasonable and you have people to hang out with (so you are not surrounded by non-English speaking folks)

travelgalSue March 11th, 2008 06:40 AM

Paul you are so right about sailing with a group. We had no problem with being 60 of the 25%Americans onboard with the other 75% being European. Yes there were times with language was a problem but we found that a smile was universal. The staff on the Fortuna was the best we have ever had. I don't think I encountered any of the staff that did not speak English. My group has sailed many times with Carnival and they really enjoyed the more laid back Costa cruise. They said they didn't feel like they were being rushed at any time. Where you on the Fortuna the night before it sailed it's first Caribbean trip? If so, I was there also.

gfleo March 12th, 2008 08:55 PM

Great you enjoyed yourself. I'm thinking to go on the Costa Fortuna next year. I wanted to go now in March, but their single suplement is very high, and since the reviews are very mixed I didn't want to take a chance.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1