Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Exclamation my parents were booked on this cruise in two weeks :-C

Ok, I apologize if i am posting this in the wrong place.. Parents scheduled to be on THIS VERY SHIP in two weeks! Cruise paid, flights from california paid. Anyone know what to do. I ve heard another ship might take its place, but not sure.
Thx for reading..
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2012, 03:10 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristina13 View Post
Ok, I apologize if i am posting this in the wrong place.. Parents scheduled to be on THIS VERY SHIP in two weeks! Cruise paid, flights from California paid. Anyone know what to do. I ve heard another ship might take its place, but not sure.
Thx for reading..
I am quite sure that Costa will refund all fares for those booked on future Concordia sailings. If they have insurance that will cover their airfare but I would also demand reimbursement for airfare from Costa. They don't "have" to pay the airfare but it's worth a shot. They do have to refund the cruise fare.

I'm sorry that your parents won't be able to cruise on this ship but perhaps they'll be able to take another cruise.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 15th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

It may be tough to get a replacement ship in such short notice. I hope you parents took out travel insurance?? Keep us posted...

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 15th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Admiral

Hi & Welcome, if you booed via a TA ask them, they should deal with it (benefit of using a TA), if you booked through Costa ask them but give them a bit of time I expect they are "busy"
Old January 15th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Admiral

Default Replacement ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
It may be tough to get a replacement ship in such short notice. I hope you parents took out travel insurance?? Keep us posted...

In 1973 my wife and I were booked on a cruise ship .On the way back to NYC the ship either hit something or sustained major damage ,I don't recall exactly .This was a few days before we were to board . My TA got us a booking on the Cunard line .
Old January 15th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Cristina, your parents travel agency will, certainly be able to help them decide to, cancel or possibly be placed on another ship. As Mike mentioned, be firm about requesting your airfare be refunded as well, even if they did not have travel insurance.

I am glad to hear your parents want to move forward cruising, and, wish them a wonderful holiday, sooner, or later.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator