Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 28th, 2002, 02:23 PM
Passenger

Default crew bar

Paul...

What a great idea...unfortunately it doesn't seem to be catching on. You may already know this but I thought I would let you know that there is already a website specifically for crewmembers - www.crewbar.net so chances of finding a crewmember are probably greater on there.

Cheers,
Ali
Sponsored Links
Old October 30th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Admiral

Default Re: crew bar

Ali,
It will take a little while for the word to get out, but when it does...... <VBG> I am part of crewbar and it was awhile before anyone posted there and still not all that active. Some of the problems is that it is just now becoming possible for crew to access the Internet on many ships, hopefully this is a growing thing for everyone. I think that having a few places for former and current crew to go to is a great thing and have high hopes for this board. We also hope that 'regular' cruisers will also drop in and maybe they can get some answers about questions they have concerning crew life. Pass the word!
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old October 30th, 2002, 02:07 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: crew bar

Jim,

I think that crewbar is more of a resource to FIND a crewmember you are trying to locate rather than a message board. I think this is a fantastic idea and I like it much better. Now we just have to (as you said) pass the word. Internet access is becoming much easier for crew these days, and in fact, the main reason that crewbar is gaining popularity is because they have large posters advertising the site in the crew computer rooms on board the ships. Is there any way to advertise the cruisemates site this way? Just a thought....

Btw, I think this site is terrific....I have posted a few times, although I lurk in these boards a lot. Although I will not return to sea again to work, I like to live vicariously through the folks on these boards as my love for the sea will never die.

Keep up the great work cruisemates!
Ali
Old October 30th, 2002, 04:46 PM
Admiral

Thanks for the kind words Ali and I agree with everything you have said. Hopefully we will start getting more and more crew to post and use this message board. Just a matter of time IMHO. As for advertising' the Cruisemates site, that is up to the crew people to put something up in thier areas and let others know. I have passed the info about this board to some crew friends at Carnival and hope that it eventually gets around to ALL cruiselines and shipboard personel.
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old November 27th, 2002, 09:39 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

We actually started this board at the request of the Hotel Manager on the Radisson Navigator. He begged us for a way for crew-people to talk to each other. Well, here we are...

:-)