Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 20th, 2002, 09:40 AM
LHP

Default Which beach in Cozumel??

Where do the crew go, if they are off, to sun in Cozumel???
Sponsored Links
Old December 20th, 2002, 07:21 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Which beach in Cozumel??

We docked at the downtown pier and we used to go to a hotel near the pier....if you turn left at the end of the pier it was only a block or 2 away, right on the water, don't remember what it was called but we called it the "big orange hotel", you really can't miss it.....

Can't remember the name of the beach we sometimes went to but I think it was San Francisco beach or something like that....Sorry I can't be of more help, will let you know if I can think of it.
Old December 21st, 2002, 07:55 PM
LHP

Default Re: Re: Which beach in Cozumel??

Thanks Ali. Actually we have been to the "orange hotel" in July...but it was to rocky for my 11 year old...so we caught a taxi to Playa Azul (hope I spelled it right). No charge, beach is small but very nice. About $24 round trip for all 4 of us. (And they make great margaritias!) Again, a nice place, but we thought we would try something larger.
Old January 14th, 2003, 10:05 PM
Saltydog

La cieba is one of the beach bar /hotels for crews
or just jump in a taxis and go down to playa sol.....you get in for free as long as you have your crew card

hey looking for some clothes i know quicksilver and tennis give crew discounts at abut 20%
hope this helps
Old December 30th, 2003, 03:35 PM
Daphne

The big orange hotel is Plaza Las Glorias. Not much beach but a real nice pool. A great beach at Mezcalito's on the other side of the island, right at the end of the long straight stretch of road from town across the island. Another one on the other side that is nice is what we used to call the Donkey Bar because there is always a donkey there. It is the one in the south towards the lighthouse with the hammocks.